What's new

Anybody own the Colibri Connaught II pipe lighter?

Does anyone own a Colibri Connaught II Pipe Lighter and if so what are your thoughts on it? I'm not looking for recommendations for other lighters, but specific feedback from someone who owns or has owned a colibri Connaught II Pipe Lighter, thanks.

I would never purchase any colibri product. For whatever reason every one I have gotten has been junk in the long haul.

I have owned several of these. I now use a Zippo with a Thunder Bird insert! I have a vintage Colibri that has been a solid performer but the newer units are just finicky and worthless. Even my local tobacconist dislikes selling them, knowing that they will absolutely come back to him not functioning. It seems to always start with the electronic ignition working sporadically, then no matter how careful you are not to get pocket lint or and debris in it or how many times you try to readjust the ignitor above gas outlet, it just never lights again. Look into the Xikar pipe lighters, like the "Resource," which holds a lifetime warranty and are highly regarded. Or the good old fashioned Zippo.

Top Bottom