What's new

Any way to keep a brush from shedding?

Hi all. Is there anyway to keep a brush from shedding? I have a Kent boar which when I first got it shed like mad. I fanned it across my hand for several minutes until the shedding ceased. Now it just loses a couple hairs each use. Is there any way to keep it from continuing to lose hair?

Also, what are the reasons a brush sheds like that?

A lot of these brushes are handmade and some of the hairs don't get set into the glue all the way. There are thousands of hairs, so losing a few won't really matter. If it is losing a lot, I would contact the vendor or the manufacturer.

Replece the brush, ones that shead bad are just poorly made. Its one of those things you get what you pay for and I did not realize the difference until I got my first decent brush.

A lot of these brushes are handmade and some of the hairs don't get set into the glue all the way. There are thousands of hairs, so losing a few won't really matter. If it is losing a lot, I would contact the vendor or the manufacturer.

Yep. The denser the knot the more initial shedding there will be. Should stabilize after a few uses.

If it is new it likely has a problem...but since you are in the restoration area just chop off that shedding hair and put a quality knot in the handle.

Top Bottom