What's new

Any vermicomposters here?

I just recently built a bin for worm composting. I hear it's really good stuff for feeding and fertilizing houseplants/gardens.

Anyone else do this?

Personally I don't use worms just regular composting. There was a company called TerraCycle that did the worm thing. I say did they are probably still doing it. They were selling their compost tea at home depot. I have thought about trying worms I know I get a lot of them in my one composter that is open on the bottom. Worms really dig coffee grounds and between me and the wife we got a lot of that.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Dale

i really wanted to make one out of some plastic bins in the garage, but teh wife nixxed the idea last year, but i think it will ninja-fy this effort this summer...

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
My wife and I did this for a few years. It is an amazing process and works very very well. She was a teacher at the time so it was partially for demonstration purposes. Tiny flies were a problem from time to time, but the biggest challenge was separating the worms from the poop when the bin got too full and you wanted to start fresh again.

Top Bottom