What's new

any unique & unusual DE/SE razors out there?

hey people so I like getting stuff that's a bit different and I'm wondering if there's any unique & unusual DE/SE razors out there that you could recommend?

Like I got the saiver de razor from russia through ebay uk, which takes two DE blades and is a hybrid with one side open comb and the other side safety bar and I absolutely love that razor imo it's a steal at least then a tenner tbh

I want to get that ninfeng shaver SE razor that takes two whole DE blades, so that's one on the list too

Eben Stone

Staff member
I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more interest. Definitely watching this one.

Its sad how little I now about the varieties of DE razors that are out there. The ones I find interesting aren't really all that special, they just caught my eye because of unique baseplate geometry. I can't recommend any of these, I haven't tried them. But since no one else has replied with anything yet, here's a few bones:

Seygus Zeppelin V2
Smart Helix Apollo
RAW RS-10

I guess if I actually had some sort of shaving wish list these would be it (and the Carbon Copper).

One unique razor worth acquiring is the Schick F series injector. They made them for only a very short period of time right before the US entered WW2. They are all metal with an aluminum handle. I found mine years before I started wet shaving. I was just an amateur collector then. They were advertised as the New Improved Schick Injector. If one buys one of these, hang on to it I say. They are worth more than a few dollars.

@razorhead63 I see injectors in the wild, but have only once seen an F. I bought it of course.

To the OP @saj1985, there’s some somewhat unique razors from the past but often they take proprietary blades. One that comes to mind is the Enders. Also there’s the old curved arm pit razors. I’m usually good for coming up with an answer a day late so if I can think of anything else I’ll post it here.
One unique razor worth acquiring is the Schick F series injector. They made them for only a very short period of time right before the US entered WW2. They are all metal with an aluminum handle. I found mine years before I started wet shaving. I was just an amateur collector then. They were advertised as the New Improved Schick Injector. If one buys one of these, hang on to it I say. They are worth more than a few dollars.

@razorhead63 I see injectors in the wild, but have only once seen an F. I bought it of course.

To the OP @saj1985, there’s some somewhat unique razors from the past but often they take proprietary blades. One that comes to mind is the Enders. Also there’s the old curved arm pit razors. I’m usually good for coming up with an answer a day late so if I can think of anything else I’ll post it here.
Oh yes the Enders Speed Shaver.
I have one of those put away somewhere in my closet. … interesting razor.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I think the OP mentioned unique and unusual, not necessarily rare. The Stahley for example, is not rare.

After all, that thread has 45 pages, and there are many really unusual razors in it, including several very unusual razors that I also posted. (Does not count the full leather hade DE made by myself) :)

This one definitely fullfills the criteria, I’d say - the 1937 Scottish made adjustable Davies Rythmic. And it shaves great too :thumbup1: But very hard to find and Darwin expensive. I know of only a handful in existence on top of this one.

BF1C6BBA-D061-4073-97A6-9F183ACE8364.jpeg

Top Bottom