What's new

Any tricks to getting a Wolfman?

What say the board?

Do you just have to checking his website for stock he puts up every few months? Or do you need to get on the waiting list?

Thanks!

Follow the Wolfman twitter account. New stock announcements get posted there (although not often) and it all sells out within minutes. There’s also eBay if you want to pay up.

No idea. I emailed about a year ago to get on some kind of list and never heard anything. Picked up an in stock Aluminum Guerilla and ended up selling it.

Follow the Wolfman twitter account. New stock announcements get posted there (although not often) and it all sells out within minutes. There’s also eBay if you want to pay up.
Thanks! Set up Wolfman Twitter notifications to go to my Apple iWatch. Hasn’t been a new Twitter announcement about new stock since last November.

I managed to get on their waiting list by contacting them directly. However, that was several years ago.

WELL WORTH THE EFFORT IMHO!

I’ve managed to get 8 Wolfman razors , sold them all. Beautiful razors although over hyped in my opinion. I greatly prefer my R41 and Charcoal Goods razors I had.

I’ve managed to get 8 Wolfman razors , sold them all. Beautiful razors although over hyped in my opinion. I greatly prefer my R41 and Charcoal Goods razors I had.
Well I just got one so I shall see. I have a Charcoal, ATT and Timeless to compare it to.

Casually?! Are you kidding me?
No one buys that razor "casually". Ever!
The only "casual" buys are on eBay.
Actually it really happened. It is hard to believe but I shall post pictures when she arrives. My advice would be to go to the website everyday and go to the complete razors section and pick out the options for the razor you want and see if it opens it. I was doing that just dreaming of my ideal Wolfman purchase and it opened up. Incredible, I know.

Apparently, you just need to casually browse the website and click the "Buy Now" button.

Oh right, the OP @discerningbev already did that...

On a roll! Just luckily picked up a Wolfman off the website!!
Ha Ha! Crazy story and hard to believe but it happened. I was just casually browsing the site and went to the complete razor section and selected my ideal razor that I wanted kinda of dreaming about it and it opened up. Incredible, I know. I will post pictures when she arrives.

I’ve managed to get 8 Wolfman razors , sold them all. Beautiful razors although over hyped in my opinion.
Being that these are so hard to get for the average individual, I'm just curious which one was it that made the light bulb in your head go off and you realized they were over hyped? :a7:

Over hyped in overall performance , they don’t shave as well as an R41 for me. Early on these were not hard to come by at all. Same with Wiborg , Simpson two band etc. If your like me and try new things as they come out regularly more often than not you won’t have any trouble getting your hands on something. I got almost every blade gap trying to find my preference as well as a few different handles. There was also the polished vs matte finish so I ended my journey at 8. I’m not saying they are unserviceable by any means , likely in my top 5 all time , just not miles ahead of everything as some rate them. Just my opinion and for many my favorite the R41 is a not so pleasant or completely average shaving experience so I completely understand to each their own.

Over hyped in overall performance , they don’t shave as well as an R41 for me. Early on these were not hard to come by at all. Same with Wiborg , Simpson two band etc. If your like me and try new things as they come out regularly more often than not you won’t have any trouble getting your hands on something.
I guess I will find out myself. I have a .74 SB WR7 Handle coming in 7 days. I have Above the Tie Cooper Windsor, Timeless .68 SB and .95 SB and Charcoal Goods Antique Brass Level 2 to compare it to! We shall see as YMMV!!

Top Bottom