What's new

Any soap or cream recommendations?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hi everyone, I’ve been de shaving for about 3 months now and I’m loving it, it means I actually look forward to my shave instead of loathing the chore.
But there are too many soaps and creams out there and i would love to try some different ones while making sure they’re still good.

I’m currently using Edwin jagger cream and I’m going to order a truefitt and hill cream sample pack.

Any good suggestions? Preferably something a bit lighter in scent as I’m 19 so barbershop and sandalwood are a bit much for me.
Pretty hard to go wrong with a Stirling sample pack and a tub of Vitos along with the Truefitt and Hill. Throw in a puck of Van Der Hagen and you will be good to go for a year or two.

Creams: La Toja and Speick

Speick also has a shave stick that is excellent. Give face lathering a try.

If I were you I'd buy a bunch of samples from Maggard and Shavedash

Most of the scents from Caisson are reasonable mild and he has an unscented version he calls his "Sniper Scent" since ya know..... Sniper has to blend in.

Welcome, sir,

There are lots and lots of soaps and creams out there. The classics, the inexpensive ones, that I've tried are:

Arko stick soap
Tabac stick soap
La Toja stick soap

Creams:
Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) Sandalwood and also their Peppermint
Geo. F. Trumper's Almond
Proraso Green cream
Palmolive Classic in the green tube

Any of these will do you quite well. Stirling Shave Co. and Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) have fine products too.

Top Bottom