What's new

Any need for cartridge razor, even with DE/straight?

I use my '60 SS TTO for all but maybe my under the nose area, the Sensor XL is simply easier, but with practice just the DE most of the time. The XL gets used, though...my wife is afraid of the DE so uses the XL for her legs.

I use an old Sensor to shave the inside of my nose. Seriously! Gillette's two blade cartridge razors are the best nose hair trimmers ever created. That's what they're good for.

The three, four and five blade cartridges are more like mops and unsuitable for this important purpose (unless your name is Jimmy Durante).

I use an old Sensor to shave the inside of my nose. Seriously! Gillette's two blade cartridge razors are the best nose hair trimmers ever created. That's what they're good for.

The three, four and five blade cartridges are more like mops and unsuitable for this important purpose (unless your name is Jimmy Durante).

Thank God you admitted to this because I was trying to come up with a suitable way of saying it myself. :thumbup:

When I went all in on DE shaving a year ago, I kept my cartridges; I work in preparedness and I tend to keep backups of most things I use.

I don't even remember what kinds I have. I think one is a Sensor and the other a Mach 4 or something. I hadn't put a cartridge against my face in months until this spring when I had to do a last-minute touch-up before running (late) out the door.

Then I realized they work perfectly when I shave the back of my neck. I never could get the feel for that with my DEs but the cart didn't skip a beat.

Still, I don't foresee buying any replacements when I finally use up the last of my spare cartridges.

I use a Schick Hydro-3 for this "pocket" on each side of my throat. If I use just my DE I have to go over the spot 6or7 times!
The Schick just makes more sense there.

Top Bottom