What's new

Any good Violet Colognes?

augustin reyes "royal violets" is a very old violet splash....mexican,south american,and some carribean women wipe their babies down with this stuff..it is made in mexico today,still in a great old fashioned "veg" barber type glass bottle,and is dirt cheap....I tried it last year and could not get any pleasantness at all from the scent.So many people love this stuff ,I think I will try it again next time I visit the mission district,at $5 ,you can't lose too much....it is a very popular violet splash used in santeria ceremonies as well...

I have Royal Violets, and the violet scent is nice and pronounced...I just can't get past the even more pronounced notes of turpentine and motor oil. :lol: Wonder if I got a bad bottle?

Grey Flannel and Dior's Fahrenheit (the original). GF is green violets with some serious and very real oakmoss behind it. Nothing too pretty or feminine about it. Fahrenheit is more contemporary and the violet is paired with honeysuckle. It's the sweeter of the two, but still masculine. Green Irish Tweed has violet but it's a lot smoother than Grey Flannel, and paired with a creamy sandalwood in the base. For the money, I think you're better off with Grey Flannel.

I have Royal Violets, and the violet scent is nice and pronounced...I just can't get past the even more pronounced notes of turpentine and motor oil. :lol: Wonder if I got a bad bottle?

no ! I whiffed a little of that in there as well....I thought I had a bad bottle also,but,I guess we were right

Ding....Ding.....Ding.... We have a winner!:lol:

I'm guessing that was one of Scotto's gems! I certainly like the scent, never really made that association though, and I wouldn't admit to it if I did. It's good paired with the old Violetta from QED.

Thanks, I'm going to check out a few of the suggestions made here. I'm wondering, too, if there are any other floral colognes I should check out. My absolute favorite is SCS Damascena Rose :drool:, but it only lasts long enough to walk out the door.

On a side note,
Walgreens has those Christmas cologne sets already on the shelves that have a bottle of Grey Flannel cologne and aftershave, both entirely full-size, for $20. If I wait, they'll definitely go on sale.

I am a Burberry fan, so this is an easy one for me.

Its Burberry Touch, featuring you guessed it ... Violet. And a great one at that :thumbup1:

Here's the notes for your viewing pleasure:

Top Notes
# Violet, Mandarin.

Middle Notes
# Pepper, Virginia Wood, Oakmoss.

Base Notes
# Vetiver, White Musk, Tonka Bean.

Oh, just go buy the Grey Flannel already! For crying out loud, it's only about 12 bucks a bottle.

Nothing girly about it, either.

Give the Trumpers a shot. It's my favorite cologne, and it can be used as an aftershave. It is bright, sunny, and yet otherwordly all at once.

And in regards to staying power, it stays with me fairly well, but it is quite understated and subtle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom