What's new

Any good Violet Colognes?

Title say it all. I'm looking for a nice cologne that features violet predominantly. After reading lackluster reviews about Trumpers, I tried searching for others, but most are either too sweet or feminine, or they are unimpressively simple, single-note colognes. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Trumper's Ajaccio Violets is the only one I've tried, and I absolutely loved it. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a full bottle of it were it not for its rather poor staying power (which I guess kind of characterises most of Trumper's colognes, unfortunately). I'm hoping to get hold of samples of Penhaligon's Violetta and Borsari Violetta di Parma in the near future, and I'll report back on those as soon as I've tried them. BTW, since you're interested in smelling like violets, I guess it's safe to assume that you're not burdened by the silly notion that floral smells are just for girls? :lol:

augustin reyes "royal violets" is a very old violet splash....mexican,south american,and some carribean women wipe their babies down with this stuff..it is made in mexico today,still in a great old fashioned "veg" barber type glass bottle,and is dirt cheap....I tried it last year and could not get any pleasantness at all from the scent.So many people love this stuff ,I think I will try it again next time I visit the mission district,at $5 ,you can't lose too much....it is a very popular violet splash used in santeria ceremonies as well...

Trumpers is nice, it has an interesting nick name- extra points if you can find it in the old posts.:tongue_sm

augustin reyes "royal violets" is a very old violet splash....mexican,south american,and some carribean women wipe their babies down with this stuff..it is made in mexico today,still in a great old fashioned "veg" barber type glass bottle,and is dirt cheap....I tried it last year and could not get any pleasantness at all from the scent.So many people love this stuff ,I think I will try it again next time I visit the mission district,at $5 ,you can't lose too much....it is a very popular violet splash used in santeria ceremonies as well...

I looked at this one online, but I got the impression that it was a rather... non-masculine scent.

I quite like the Trumpers as well, and as they said above, there is always Grey Flannel.

I always hear that VDH smells like Grey Flannel, but I've never gotten a violet vibe from VDH. Maybe I need to go buy a puck, sniff it really hard, and just think about it...

Knize Two,sure is much more expensive than Grey Flannel but is more well made and long lasting and its drydown is awesome IMHO.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

+1
That's some pretty good stuff.

I looked at this one online, but I got the impression that it was a rather... non-masculine scent.

I always hear that VDH smells like Grey Flannel, but I've never gotten a violet vibe from VDH. Maybe I need to go buy a puck, sniff it really hard, and just think about it...

I find it to be quite a masculine smell. I was aware of the cultural thing with babies and all, but it smells quite nice to me, and I can't imagine putting it on a baby, let alone a female one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom