What's new

Any fans of Shark stainless blades?

I like 'em. Cool packaging, no glue spots, not the smoothest or the sharpest but decent and very forgiving (a term I don't hear of much.) Zero burn too. Even top tier blades may give burn I find.

Last edited:
I'm a Shark guy. I started with the Super Stainless and have switched to the Super Chromes now. I get 5-6 very good shaves per blade and for the price I'm extremely happy. I've yet to try the Platinums. I just found them from a local dealer on Ebay so will order a couple tucks and give them a go ...

@DCRIII How are you getting along with the Platinums?

I'm a Shark guy. I started with the Super Stainless and have switched to the Super Chromes now. I get 5-6 very good shaves per blade and for the price I'm extremely happy. I've yet to try the Platinums. I just found them from a local dealer on Ebay so will order a couple tucks and give them a go ...

@DCRIII How are you getting along with the Platinums?
I really like the Platinums. They seem to perform as well if not better than the Super Chromes.

My main blade I have been using them daily since 2000.
Before them I used Gillette (1980-1990) and Wilkinson (1990-2000).
Sharks are better.
For ME of course since blades are THE definition of YMMV.

Shark SS was my first DE blade that I have used. They are very good for the beginner. After trying many different blades now, I have moved on from Shark SS and SC.

I tried a couple blades that came with a purchase a few years ago and I didn't like them. I don't remember them being particularly comfortable, but they did remove the hair.

The only blade I have used so far. after 18 different ones so far that I would not use again... used for 4 shaves . 2 blades each. very rough. only experience I ever had like that

Shark SS are one of my favorite. I thought it was a bit rough at first but that might have been just the first shave. The second and third shaves were a lot better and I could push it til 7-8 uses and still enjoy it.

My go to blade, both double edge and half blades. Cheap, reliable, extremely forgiving. I have never cut myself with them, even when I use halves in my Parker shavettes. Very smooth on my face. Honestly, after trying everyhing else, I will not buy anything but Shark anymore. Extra points for the logo and the retro packaging.

These?
upload_2019-6-21_15-45-9.jpeg

Second tier for me!

Did not know there were other types of shark’s? I thought a shark was a shark?

I’d be glad to send you some to try

Last edited:
Top Bottom