What's new

Any cellphone techies here?

Let's say I get this phone. How much data do I need? Would 500 be enough?
https://www.amazon.com/TracFone-Reb...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=48QPGS539W1QRYH7Y3X9
Don't get this phone. It has only 8 GB of RAM, which is not enough. This is what my previous phone had, and it quickly became almost unusable, even being diligent about transferring things to a micro SD card. You need at least 16 GB of RAM. That's what my current phone has.

Also, I see that it's Android 5.1. You might as well get newer. The first phone you mentioned, from the Tracfone website, had Android 7.1 and 16 GB of RAM.

500 MB of data added periodically should be enough if you turn off mobile data except when you need it and use mostly WiFi. I keep about 5 GB of data on my phone just in case, like I get stuck some place and have to download into Google Maps. Not that I need this much, I just like not having to worry about it.

Not at all a techie, just trying to be helpful.

Don't get this phone. It has only 8 GB of RAM, which is not enough. This is what my previous phone had, and it quickly became almost unusable, even being diligent about transferring things to a micro SD card. You need at least 16 GB of RAM. That's what my current phone has.

Also, I see that it's Android 5.1. You might as well get newer. The first phone you mentioned, from the Tracfone website, had Android 7.1 and 16 GB of RAM.

500 MB of data added periodically should be enough if you turn off mobile data except when you need it and use mostly WiFi. I keep about 5 GB of data on my phone just in case, like I get stuck some place and have to download into Google Maps. Not that I need this much, I just like not having to worry about it.

Not at all a techie, just trying to be helpful.
Very helpful thank you.

Agree with @RSC. That LG Premier tracfone is two year old technology yet it is still not so far behind in the wider world of global android devices and thus should be a functional phone for a few more years. That LG Rebel is just too old and underpowered.

Top Bottom