What's new

Any campers/teardroppers?

I was wondering if there are any other campers out there? I live in southern Oregon and there are seemingly endless places to go. I used to tent camp, but now only tent when I backpack. I quit sleeping on the ground when I got my teardrop trailer, a wonderful little thing. It can go where ever my little Subaru will go. I prefer to dry camp, camp only with what I have with no campground hook ups. But the fun is being outside in cool places, however you do it. I also have a class C motorhome, but rarely use it, one is that it is expensive to drive, but also because we tend to go inside, and miss all the things we camp for. Love to have a little fire going and like to cook and eat outside. Hard to say where my favorite place to camp, but one has to be Crater Lake, about 50 miles from here. One of the truly outstanding places. I sometimes will shave while camping, using my old Tech. Anything over three days and I am likely to spend a little time with my travel kit. What do like to do, and where do you like to do it?

Well, thanks, it is a nice set up, but I didn't build it. It is a CampInn and it is made in a little shop in Wisconsin.

I'm mainly a backpacker myself.
This was my last campsite at Lake Cutthroat (elev. apx 11,000 ft) in the Uinta Mountains. This is also my current desktop image.
proxy.php

I love the Uintas. It is so gorgeous up there.

Nice unit!

I posted a similar question earlier.

My wife and I are dedicated "pop-up" campers ("tent-trailer" if you will).

We really enjoy all the outdoor activities Michigan has to offer! Currently, we are planning a week's vacation in Northern Michigan.

A few days at a place called Mackinaw Mill Creek, right at the tip of the lower peninsula, with a view of Mackinaw Island, Mackinac Bridge and the U.P. (heaven dontcha know, eh!), and then heading a couple hours south to a rustic state fores campground on the Au Sable river.

Our camper has become a great base camp for hiking, fishing, and just touring around.

Don't have any pictures of our camper on my work PC, but this is what she looks like

proxy.php

Top Bottom