What's new

Any alpinists?

My favorite Route in Colorado. Do you know it? A Classic!

20171109_204636.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
From the lower saddle. Back down the nest day. We were pretty tired after the route and bivied before we came back down.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Yeah, we had great conditions on the BIC. The rangers gave us great info and encouragement. I'm struggling on your CO favorite....

Ellingwood Arete... Crestone Needle. Solid conglomerate sandstone. Summited nine times via various routes. That' a pic on one of my walls taken from Humboldt Peak, across from Crestone Needle and Peak. All 14ers.

Some great shots and recollections here. I've done some Scottish winter climbing, and walked up peaks in the Alps, but no big alpine climbing trips. I was really keen to do some at one time, but I guess my priorities have changed and most of my outdoors energy goes into mountain biking and exploring Britain's wild places.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I envy you, Gents. I have a huge fear of heights. As much as looking at some of those photos makes my palms sweat, I have to admit, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous! I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment that one must feel after summiting some of those.

Did some climbing in my youth. These days it’s strictly armchair. The tradition of writing in mountaineering is long, strong, and deep.

And of course the stories......

“It’s not an adventure until something goes wrong.”
Yvon Chounard

I was mainly a rock climber, but that was 60 pounds ago. I did a few of the fourteeners including the Little Bear to Blanca and the Crestone peak to Crestone Needle traverses, both solo.

I was mainly a rock climber, but that was 60 pounds ago. I did a few of the fourteeners including the Little Bear to Blanca and the Crestone peak to Crestone Needle traverses, both solo.

Excellent routes, nice going! I too have done them, each... both ways. Especially LB to Blanca, you've got it to hit that in good, stable weather... only one place close to Blanca to bail. Rock is fairly solid, like the Crestone Traverse.

Here's a pic of yours truly on LB, after climbing the NW Face with the traverse to Blanca in the background, which we did after the pic was taken.

20171118_220038.jpg

Top Bottom