What's new

Any advantage to using a SS French press?

I currently use a Bodum brand French Press purchased at Target. I have been eyeing a Frieling SS French Press. Is there any advantage in using the Frieling over the Bodum?

Thanks for your input.

they won't break when you drop them :001_smile

Frieling presses are insulated but so are the Bodum double wall glass ones (I have a double wall glass Bodum)

Other than durability I see no difference between my Bodum, Bonjour, or Frieling presses.

The coffee taste the same to me regardless of what it was made in.

The Frieling does look cool siting on the counter though :yesnod:

Isn't the Freiling dual wall? That would mean better heat retention, and would be a plus. Well, if the longer steeping time wouldn't mess up your coffee.

The practical advantage of the double wall is that it keeps the coffee hot longer. Thus you can make a bigger brew and drink it over a longer time. Better than a percolator and it's hot (regurgitating) coffee - get the bigger sized Frieling.

I currently use a glass french press, but I've been wanting to get a Frieling but never got round to getting one…I should as they really look cool anyway!

Last edited:
I own a SS single wall french press purchased from REI back about a decade ago, it is great and if I am camping I can put it on the stove and boil the water too. Paired with a hand grinder it is a perfect camping rig, and everyday rig!

The glass ones are just too fragile if you ask me.

Top Bottom