What's new

another noob question

ok i have found a razor i like and i get good shaves with. i have a soap and brush combo that i like. still working on the aftershave but will find one that works. here is my question. i love my black handled gillette, love it, but how do i maintane and clean and oil it. what do i need to do. forgive this unworthy noob but i am learning
thanks
jay

Unless the tto knob is sticking I don't see any reason to oil it. Wipe it off after each use, occassionally clean it in some soapy water made with dish soap or a little scrubbing bubbles should be all it needs. You can polish the doors with metal polish if you want them shiny. Don't be real aggressive cleaning the handle because the black finish is not real durable.

Agreed that just a little tlc is needed. Wipe it off after you shave, store it in a position that that it is not sitting in any water. Clean it by spraying with scrubbing bubbles, let it site for a few minutes, clean it with a qtip, then rinse it off.

If you are going to store it for more than a few weeks without use, I usually put some mineral oil on a qtip and wipe down the entire razor.

I am fairly new to DE shaving as well. What I do is just as the previous people have stated. rinse, light wipe after each shave and let dry, but I wash with warm soapy water and a soft wornout toothbrush with each blade change to keep things from building up. I haven't had any problems with my TTO razors so I haven't given them any oil yet.

Top Bottom