What's new

Another example of not being able to use common sense

And you are surprised? I would have thought this kind of hospitality would have been considered to risky a long time ago. Sounds like you must be blessed in being one who lives in a small town that is just now seeing a local law firm open.

I'm not surprised. I remember when we had this lumber yard in my hometown when I was growing up that used to have free popcorn for customers and well the health department eventually put the kibosh on that. :sad:

So anybody else notice the story mentioned the store was the B&B Do It Center? Any relation to own B&B? :lol1:

When I was a kid, I always liked to go to the industrial hardware place. They had a Coke fountain machine where you serve your own coke product, (for free) similiar to the way you get your own drink at McDonalds now. It was however much cooler when you were 5 years old.

At work in the summer we used to have a large cooler on the line, Everymorning someone would grab a couple bags of ice (free at the plant) throw them in the cooler for everyone to put their cans of soda, water etc. in to keep them cool for later. Now it has been deemed unsanitary to have a community cooler. So everyone has their own cooler, and in the summer my line goes thru about 40 bags of ice instead of 2-3 that we used to use, and no one can figure out why we are using so much ice.

Really??

Seems a hardware store ( similar to the one in Home Improvement :001_tt2: ) cannot give away free doughnuts and coffee to customers due to health regulations.

Crazyness.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35645680/

I don't think it's lack of common sense. It's someone with a grudge who opted to leverage the health department. The regulations are probably not negotiable and if a third party calls the question the health dept. folks probably have no choice.

- Chris

President Reagan said it best when he said the 9 most feared word in the English language are:

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.

We do seem to be led, at any level of government, by dumb and dumber. :crying: :cursing:

I don't think it's lack of common sense. It's someone with a grudge who opted to leverage the health department. The regulations are probably not negotiable and if a third party calls the question the health dept. folks probably have no choice.

- Chris

Seems that the 'food handling' regulations are in question. Perhaps they should give out sealed breakfast bars instead. :001_smile

EDIT: Long ago, I worked in a mall for a gourmet food store. We sold hot bratwurst on a stick to passersby. The other restaurants in the mall complained to management
to eventually make us stop doing that, since we weren't a 'real' restaurant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom