What's new

Ann Arbor

Just found this thread. Yep, A2 is a university town with amazing food shopping options, wonderful farmers market, third world roads, football, far left of center politics. Go ten or twenty miles in any direction and the landscape changes. Dexter, Chelsea, Ypsilanti, Brighton, Plymouth, Milan, Saline, Manchester, Bridgewater, are nearby, and nothing like the Birkenstock Republic of Ann Arbor. Tee hee.

Ha!! Exquisitely stated nutshell description of AA. Funny don't remember seeing this thread before either. These smaller ones must just get lost in the mix I guess.. Detroit suburbian here. I recognize and respect many of the members in this thread so far - is it because of or in spite of 'the mitten'??

Michigan is a special and diverse place. Adrian is home to Maggard's, for example. Ann Arbor is home to UM, a great research university. Nearby, Plymouth is one of the cutest towns anywhere, with the fantastic Cantoro's Market and Trattoria. Coastal towns from East Tawas to Saugatuck to South Haven to Traverse are delightful. Grayling is a trout fishing mecca. Naturally, some places are better than others, and some have horrid roads, and I do not like Michigan winters now that I am older, but this is a state with a lot to offer.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, and to perhaps enter enemy territory, but there is a big wetshaving meeting coming up near Cincinnati, Ohio on October 13, 2018. All of you Wolverines are very welcome to attend!

If you want more information, you can message me directly or check out the link to the 15th National Shaving Collectibles Meeting (15th National Shaving Collectibl). This year's Shaving Collectibles includes a new Midwest Meetup for wetshaving enthusiasts.

The event is in West Chester, Ohio, which is very close to an IKEA and has a lot of other exciting amenities if you need to convince a spouse or friend to make the trip with you.

I am not part of the event. I'm just trying to spread the word so that I can make some new friends in this hobby!

Warning: In Ohio there is an expectation drivers should pay some notice to speed limits. Passing on the right at 80 in a school zone is frowned upon. And if your car has Michigan plates, don't expect a warning only. :)

Top Bottom