What's new

Ann Arbor

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I've been toying with the idea of any type of Michigan meet-up for a while. Depending on when and where, I might be able to make it to a get together.

Most of the MI B&B members that I know of are spread out throughout The Mitten. I've thought about trying to orchestrate a Mid-Michigan gathering to split the travel distance with the MI members that I know of, but quite obviously, it would be very convenient for me, as well. :001_smile

Last edited:
While a little off topic regarding shaving, there is an amazing German restaurant in Ann Arbor, just off of the highway (75 I think) Zeeb Rd.

http://www.metzgers.net/

The recipes have not been adulterated, and are very European, and good. Effeminately worth a visit. There was also a good store supplying liquor near it as well.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
If we can get a couple more people on-board, I have no problem traveling to Ann Arbor or a couple of hours in any direction for a get together.

Maggard Razors is about an hour away from A2. Perhaps, a get together in or near Adrian would entice or excite some members.

If we can get a couple more people on-board, I have no problem traveling to Ann Arbor or a couple of hours in any direction for a get together.

Maggard Razors is about an hour away from A2. Perhaps, a get together in or near Adrian would entice or excite some members.

I'm game.

I would love to go to a wet shaving meet up. I missed the open house Maggard's had somewhat recently.

What goes on at a meet up? do we bring shaving gear to trade?

All the ones I've been to we had a few beers, talked about shaving, exchanged a few items and got funny looks from everyone else in the place.

While a little off topic regarding shaving, there is an amazing German restaurant in Ann Arbor, just off of the highway (75 I think) Zeeb Rd.

The recipes have not been adulterated, and are very European, and good. Effeminately worth a visit. There was also a good store supplying liquor near it as well.

I agree! My nephew is one of the chefs there - great, authentic German food!

Been quite a while since I have been to Metzgers... we always end up downtown!

What makes you say it can be a strange town? I'll prob be moving to MI in 6 mos. I was hoping to end in that area. But it will depend on where my white gets a job.

What makes you say it can be a strange town? I'll prob be moving to MI in 6 mos. I was hoping to end in that area. But it will depend on where my white gets a job.
Their politics/way of doing things don't really match the rest of the state.

I live in Adrian, if there's ever a get together I'll try to make it. Taking mostly back roads Ann Arbor SHOULD only be 45 minutes, depending what part of town you stay in and traffic.

Just found this thread. Yep, A2 is a university town with amazing food shopping options, wonderful farmers market, third world roads, football, far left of center politics. Go ten or twenty miles in any direction and the landscape changes. Dexter, Chelsea, Ypsilanti, Brighton, Plymouth, Milan, Saline, Manchester, Bridgewater, are nearby, and nothing like the Birkenstock Republic of Ann Arbor. Tee hee.

Top Bottom