What's new

April Tornadoes in the South Today

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Stay safe my Friends.
1712095016442.jpeg

Works Cited: Severe Weather Early April Tornadoes Possible in the Plains, Midwest, South & East

1712094352794.gif
"[Severe weather and] Tornadoes are so unpredictable that you never know what's going to happen. From the distance they are an amazing piece of nature. Up close they are deadly". Jessica Madden,
"Chasing the Storm"

Last edited:
50 years tomorrow of the 1974 swarm that hit Louisville, Zenia, OH, and other areas. Lots of warnings out today. Hope members are following the paths and staying safe.
A friend of mine was in charge of putting the electric grid back together in Zenia. He showed me the pictures of the substations and they were twisted like a kid’s erector set. It took an incredible effort to get things up and running.

We have more standing water than I have seen in a long time and more rain on the way.

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I hope all of you in tornado alley stay safe this year.

It's going to be a crazy weather year all over I think. Drought continues in the west, wildfire season off to an early start :/

50 years tomorrow of the 1974 swarm that hit Louisville, Zenia, OH, and other areas. Lots of warnings out today. Hope members are following the paths and staying safe.
I remember that day all too well. Xenia isn't terribly far from where I lived then (and still do today) and to add to the sadness that covered the state of Ohio that day, my maternal grandmother died on April 4th as well. Hard to believe she's been gone a half century.
It was all brought back to life today as several national weather alerts targeted central Ohio once more. Luckily, as of this hour, it appears to have gone around where I love, although we did have heavy rain, small hail and high winds for awhile. But that doesn't mean that other towns around us were as lucky. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
And, man, I still miss my grandmother ...

I remember that day all too well.

Me too. My wife and I were living in Jeffersontown, Ky in April '74. I was working in downtown Louisville, but left early to pick up my wife when her office closed. Two days later my army reserve unit was activated and I spent about a week driving a deuce and a half cargo truck carrying supplies and people in and out of the worse hit areas. My wife still has family in the counties surrounding Louisville, so she was on the phone yesterday with siblings, nieces/nephews and friends. Fortunately none were in the areas directly hit.

Top Bottom