What's new

And Now For Something Completely Different....Titanium!

5E667CDE-0C05-403A-BC59-D56430E60169.jpeg
32B4579E-44A1-4E41-9507-0B9E27A45675.jpeg
6E29A7E3-82D8-480D-93E6-F4D37979D8E0.jpeg

Stork Titanium handle, Shavemac 24mm X 48mm 2 band do-1 knot.

Couldn’t resist. Love the shape, and hadn’t tried this particular Shavemac knot yet.

Titanium. Light, strong, expensive, right?
I can’t recall the exact spec, but Titanium is 65-70% of the weight of the same mass of stainless. It’s solid, weighty, without being unwieldy. 160grams is somewhere around 5.5oz.
As for the price, it’s the most I’ve ever spent on a brush, but it was more than fair. About the same as any quality high end brushes

Excellent! How does the knot feel during the shave?
Only 2 uses so far, and I’m guessing it will take a month to break in, based on the 3 band do-1 I have.
Fair amount of scritch, dense, tight knot. After 2 uses, no noticeable “bloom” to the knot. Almost no splay. Surprisingly doesn’t seem to be as much of a soap hog as the 3 band do-1 knot. Very controllable in applying soap. Flow through is fair. Will be interesting to see how it changes with a good break in period.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I just want something, anything, made out of titanium. Ok, not a hip or knee joint or any pins or screws inside of me, but just something cool made of titanium!
Did you set the knot or did it come complete?

That's uh very niice. Does it also come with unicorn hair?
Nope. Solidly earth bound Badger. More than one of these handles was made, so it’s not a one off. How many, I don’t know.

Nobody uses Unicorn hair anymore. The modifications required to the space time continuum are prohibitive.

I just want something, anything, made out of titanium. Ok, not a hip or knee joint or any pins or screws inside of me, but just something cool made of titanium!
Did you set the knot or did it come complete?
It came complete. I bought it from a fellow enthusiast in Russia.
Knot was built and set by Shavemac as a custom.
And yes, the uniqueness and originality was certainly a draw.

If you want something Titanium that’s actually useful, and maybe available, look for a Titanium crowbar. They were standard issue on Russian tanks. Used to be able to get one for 30.00 or so. Strong as hell, and fairly light if you’re the type that keeps a crowbar in your backpack. Great for demo work. Non sparking in volatile environments.

The handle has a bit of tactile grip I wouldn’t expect from stainless.

I like the sound of the titanium brush. Out of interest I have purchased, and am still waiting for, a Hone 15t razor set and it comes with a titanium handled brush. The Hone Ti brush comes with a 24mm synthetic knot. Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Top Bottom