What's new

American Ebay to EU

Hi lads,

I need som help here.

I live in the EU and recently I've made a couple of pretty good deals on Ebay, from the EU and I've been nothing but satisfied with my purchases. The thing is - my collection of DE razors have started growing and i get increasingly picky in terms of what I buy and specific models I'm looking for, meaning that the European marketplace is getting somewhat small, why I have started looking across the pond to the American market. My problem is that, for some reason I hesitate bidding on auctions from the US.

My question is: Is it as safe in terms of delivery to buy from the US and have it shipped to the EU as it would be from EU to EU? What are Your experiences with customs? Any thoughts, experiences and tips regarding trade on Ebay between US/EU would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

The seller has the same obligations no matter where they are and PayPal is thee to protect you. I have used PayPal a couple times during disputes and have not lost yet. I would not hesitate to buy anywhere globally as long as you follow the procedures.

I've been buying of eBay from both US and several other countries inside and outside EU frequently for a couple years now and haven't had any bad experiences to this day.

It's just like buying anything else from a US based web shop.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I can't speak for from CONUS to EU, but every purchase I've made EU to Conus has been fine, as have the ones within CONUS.

Is it safe for a seller to ship outside Conus/Canada ? I believe it is, in most case. I shipped things to UK, Scandinavia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Brazil and Taiwan, so far I never had problems. However, I won't ship a penny in Russia or the Ex-SSR (No offence) I heard to much bad stories about Iphone who never reached their destination. Now, let's be realistic, who on Earth will frame someone for a razor ?

I am in Oz but have bought many items from US and EU and rarely ever have I had an issue. in the few cases that I have, Paypal was there to protect me - every time. you have nothing to lose other than maybe a slightly slower delivery time but even then I usually get items in 7-10 days.

I've bought and sold across the pond UK to/from US & Canada. Never had a dud sale or purchase. Just be aware that some shipping costs from the US are really high even for small items like razors. Some US sellers' shipping charges are good - never been sure why the difference ( $10 vs $30 for example) can be so marked. Some nice razors to be had tho!

(Lol, so I'm 'DE Envious' now! Hah!)

Last edited:
I have bought many razors from EU to US and sold a few from US to EU with no problems. Of course, in both directions, shipping can get expensive. Registered mail, signature confirmation (as required by eBay for seller protection), will run between $25-$30 for a razor, so that is something to be aware of.

I have bought the opposite direction in the past (EU to US) and the transaction went smoothly...The only thing that was bad...I had to wait a little longer to get my prize!!!

Im in Oz too, no problems with US eBay or any EU countries so far, the postage sometimes can be ridiculous, I've seen US vendors charging $23 to send a DE razor that only costs $25 for the item.

I can't speak for from CONUS to EU, but every purchase I've made EU to Conus has been fine, as have the ones within CONUS.

+1 i have never had an issue receiving items from any part of the world to Canada. If you want guaranteed delivery, then you should pay for tracking. Good luck.

Top Bottom