What's new

Amazon prime day.

Now that sales taxes are collected, I'm using their Amazon Prime card to claw back 5% of my purchases. I received a $70 off coupon for opening the account to ease the wallet sting for the miserable smartphone that was ready to die. And the points for purchasing the replacement mobile phone allowed me to take almost $22 off today's order.

For Prime Daze, they bumped the rewards to 6%. :)

Remember - if a $50 item is on sale for $30 you didn’t save $20...you spent $30.
It’s really not a savings unless it’s something you already planned to purchase or something you actually NEED.

Use Amazon price tracker, Amazon price history charts, price watches, and price drop alerts. to find out what are actually DEALS. Many items on this prime day scam are actually not DEALS at all.
+1i find prime day worse than black Friday or cyber Monday

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Henri et Victoria soaps were $15 with free shipping and a $3 off coupon. Triple milled was more, think it was $27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, there are only a handful of shaving things I want that are sold through Amazon. I'd be interested in B&M or Chiseled Face soaps or a Rockwell 6S razor. I doubt any of those will be discounted during this sale.

I did manage to get a $10 credit during Prime Day when I bought groceries at Whole Foods last week. I used that on some B&M Cheshire soap.

Nice buys. I was searching but none of the really good deals were available here in Canada.

Oh well maybe another time.

I was rather disappointed with Prime Day, to be honest. However, there is nothing I actually need right now so I wasn't after anything in particular.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just got some practise razors to practice honing 2, 1996 GD's under $16 shipped by Friday guaranteed if they are decent I will re scale them later.. Have read reviews comparing them and the 66 have read that they can be decent so if I muck then up I'm only out $16....

I bought a 3d printing pen to repair a couple vintage brush handles, and make a stand for looking at my razors under a scope... and probably a hundred other things Ill find a use for it if it lasts long enough (It's basically a very fine tipped hot glue gun that extrudes hard plastic instead of soft glue).

I bought a 3d printing pen to repair a couple vintage brush handles, and make a stand for looking at my razors under a scope... and probably a hundred other things Ill find a use for it if it lasts long enough (It's basically a very fine tipped hot glue gun that extrudes hard plastic instead of soft glue).
This is interesting... could this be used to repair/revamp a bakelite Injector handle that’s fallen apart?

Yeah. Fill it, glue it in if it doesn’t hold on its own, then sand it flush. A perfect color match isn’t likely but it fills the gap well. I’ll take a picture of the brush handle I fixed when I get home

Top Bottom