What's new

Am I crazy to want to spend my money in this instance?

I used to have an AS-D2 and I also used to have about 7 Techs.

One time, on a whim, I put the Feather handle on a post-war Tech and the fat Tech handle on the AS-D2 and did a comparison shave.

The Tech head on the Feather handle shaved and felt exactly like the AS-D2. Conversely, the Feather head on the Tech handle felt and shaved exactly like the Tech.

I determined from this that any perceived difference in the shave between a post-war Tech and the AS-D2 were based on the handle, which is why I sold the AS-D2. Great razor, but really just a stainless steel Tech that covers the blade tabs.

The Canadian Tech of which you speak is more efficient than the AS-D2, for sure. Smooth and comfy, still.

In short, the Canadian Tech is the better shaver for me. I would choose the AS-D2 only if I had to have new and didn't want vintage or if I much preferred having the blade tabs covered.

Having said all that, I really did like the handle of the Feather. I wish somebody would make an aftermarket clone of that thing.

Great comparison!! Changing up the handles was brilliant.

Whoa, you've got a Canadian flat bottom?
Ha I wish. I meant the 2 piece handle. Was unclear on that sorry.

The head is post 45 but early I think. Like this
proxy.php

Last edited:
If you're making the rent/mortgage payment, the kids aren't going to school barefoot, and you want it...
Real men shaved in the trenches of WW 1 so that the phosgene that blistered their skin, while working their Enfields and '03-A3s, wouldn't kill them. They became real men by going to school barefoot...🦁😁

Sorry if I’m being obnoxious by posting and asking for experiences in raise comparisons.

I’m curious if anyone has had the Canadian Pre-War tech and went on to try a Feather as-d2? The build quality of the Feather is eye catching , but obviously if the Canadian 1932 is a better shaver I won’t waste my cash on it.

See no reason not to spend your earned money as you wish.

If you buy something to try, hate it sell it. More on its your 💰.

Top Bottom