What's new

Aluminum razors that costs more than Brass?

I had a delivery that claimed that nobody was home to receive it, even though the door was open for most of that day. Turned out that the courier had mistaken another apartment for mine.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a shipment from FedEx (it was a soap dish for a shave puck.) and they said that I refused shipment. Not true, I never even saw it. The order was cancelled and I had to reorder it.
I’ve been stocking up on blades and one recent delivery was delivered but the tracking says the delivery was not possible. Lol

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I had a delivery that claimed that nobody was home to receive it, even though the door was open for most of that day. Turned out that the courier had mistaken another apartment for mine.
I think if they are running behind they make something up and deliver it in a day or so
I’ve received several notices from dhl again today saying delivery by 10pm with no specific info other than “out for delivery” which is what it said yesterday

I think if they are running behind they make something up and deliver it in a day or so
I’ve received several notices from dhl again today saying delivery by 10pm with no specific info other than “out for delivery” which is what it said yesterday
Ah, I had this experience with UPS once. The estimated time keeps extending and they finally decided to try the next day instead. It should come to you eventually. 🤞 Though, I just wouldn't trust estimates, especially when they can use the current world situation as an excuse now.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
😅 the dhl man arrived. I knew if I started complaining that might improve my luck lol
So ok my initial impression of the karve aluminum is very favorable. This in fact exceeds my expectations. I have a ATT and timeless (and one other mfg I can’t remember) aluminum and this is by far the best. The fit and finish is amazing. The color and black deep red contrast is amazing. It’s beautiful to look at. Best of all the weight is there. It’s got some heft to it. Definitely feels nice in the hand and doesn’t at all have that very light as air feeling of some aluminum versions. (Ie aircraft aluminum)It came too late to use it unless I can squeeze in a nite shower which I totally might do now. Admittedly im a karve fan but this this great! I only hope to encourage others. Lol. I’ll report back after my first use. Until then happy shaves.

I’ve used the karve aluminum a few times now and it’s fabulous. There is a nice weight to it plus you can feel how light it is a wonderful contradiction. It shaves like a dream.
Had my first shave with it today!

Just as you said, it's not "plastic" light, but not heavy at all. IMO, weight-wise, this makes a good alternative to titanium razors; it feels quite solid and light at the same time. The weight also makes the razor very forgiving; very comfortable shave with a Feather blade. I don't know if this is a unique feature of this razor, or it's consistent among other karve razors, that it has a rubber-like texture, which contributes to grip with wet hands. My only pet peeve right now is that the finish makes any scratches and wear more likely and pronounced. Then again, it'll build character to the razor I suppose.

KarveAl.gif

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Had my first shave with it today!

Just as you said, it's not "plastic" light, but not heavy at all. IMO, weight-wise, this makes a good alternative to titanium razors; it feels quite solid and light at the same time. The weight also makes the razor very forgiving; very comfortable shave with a Feather blade. I don't know if this is a unique feature of this razor, or it's consistent among other karve razors, that it has a rubber-like texture, which contributes to grip with wet hands. My only pet peeve right now is that the finish makes any scratches and wear more likely and pronounced. Then again, it'll build character to the razor I suppose.

View attachment 1305044
So glad you are enjoying this. I’ve used it a few times more and love it. I agree about the weight and the shave. It work so well. I hope that the anodized mfg is not easy to scratch.
Ps I love the rotating pedestal.

Top Bottom