What's new

Al's Straight Journal

Shave 145 (Last Saturday morning)
Shave 146 (Saturday afternoon)

I'm slipping on both my reporting and my shaving. While in SD, I did one more away game shave, the day after the first. A nice, smooth result iirc.

Then I let a whole week go by before shaving again.

This Saturday I finally set up my stuff and knocked out another shave. I continued to use CRSW PF--for some reason it performs much better than my B&B. Anyway, before shaving, I took the Wacker to the strop for 100+ passes. Following that, it was a simple two passes to a grail-like BBS++. It was a nice way to enjoy my Saturday afternoon. Hopefully it won't be another week before my next shave.

It's been awhile since I've posted. My shaves are still infrequent. I did have an r41 shave in between 146 and 147, though 147 was still with about a week's worth of growth.

147 (Thursday early am)
With a week's worth of growth, I realized I needed to shave. Sadly Thursdays are a day where I leave the house at 0515, so it was a quick, early morning shave. Still, a sub-10 minute two pass BBS with AI pre/post, CRSW PF, AI EDC and the Wacker. Every shave is a great shave with this razor.

148 (Easter morning)
I was dragging a bit getting up this morning, but wanted to shave before going to church. This turned in to another 2 pass 10 minute shave, though I switched things up a bit on the software. I stuck with the CRSW PF, but since it was easter, drenched myself in The Veg. The shave was BBS on the cheeks, but DFS on a couple parts of the neck. Any morning with The Veg is a great morning, but it is even better on Easter.

149 (Saturday morning)
Another need for a quick two-pass, sub-10 minute shave. I changed up the software a bit with the addition of some things from a pass around box. I used mikey lee pre-shave butter (peppermint) prior to lathering with CRSW PF. The PSB made my weeklong growth feel moisturized, though I'm not sure how much it actually helped during the shave. After the shave though, my skin did feel a bit more supple than normal.The peppermint scent wasn't too strong on the face and didn't interfere with the soap scent at all. This was both a relief--meaning I could duse it with any soap, but also disappointing, as a peppermint blast in the AM could be nice.

I wanted to try some 444 ASB and since AI already has a bit of method in it, I decided to douse myself in the Veg again. I followed that with the 444, but couldn't really feel the menthol. Not sure if the 444 helped the skin feel or if that was from the PSB, but my skin felt nice. 2 pass, BBS. I need to stop waiting a week in between shaves.

150 (Sunday morning)
Shaved last Sunday with another week of growth in between shaves. Same line-up as the previous shave, but substituted the Veg with Draggon Noir. 2 pass, BBS.

Very Excellent Al, I fear that I may end up doing that for at least a short time once I am actually retired simply because I can. Likely though that I will definitely go right back to shaving daily anyways simply because I enjoy it so much:thumbup1:

So after a couple weeks of intermittent r41 shaves, I finally managed to pull out the Wacker again Sunday morning before church. I only had a few minutes, but was able to mow through a week's worth of growth with no problems. AI pre/post, EdC, CRSW PF. 2 pass BBS (except an area with a bug bite on my left jaw, which was only DFS due to trepid blade use).

Hi Al!!! good to hear from you my Friend, very nice job on the shave and probably a good idea to use a little trepidation on the bug bite area, no need to invite You Know Who to the party by pushing a possibly dangerous swipe over a bump:thumbup1:

Top Bottom