What's new

Alpha Shaving weighted handles in Carbon Graphite & Ti.

Alpha Shaving has been on record in creating a razor handle that could offer an adjustable weight bias element to those that wanted to fine tune or customize their balance point for a said razor. Personally, I wasn't sure if this was a necessity for the shave world and I would find no direct performance benefit other than redistributing weight bias along the handle to get a better feel for the razor as a whole. However, Alpha Shaving did produce a handle that is made entirely of Carbon Graphite & Titanium end caps that are weighted in different increments to give a choice for those looking for either a lighter or heavier razor handle to pair with their razor head. Per my understanding these are not adjustable and are offered in increments of weight as I stated earlier. I'll be quite honest, I do love the look of the Carbon & Ti razor handle offering. I can't say if the handles are smooth along the barrel or there are serrations in it to give it texture in providing tactile grip. These are actual production versions and not prototypes or mock ups. These are the real McCoy.

The adjustable handle concept might be a bit much for my tastes but, I won't kill Alpha for thinking outside of the box and trying. On looks though I think its a gorgeous creation.

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0584.jpeg

IMG_0593.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Alpha Shaving has been on record in creating a razor handle that could offer an adjustable weight bias element to those that wanted to fine tune or customize their balance point for a said razor. Personally, I wasn't sure if this was a necessity for the shave world and I would find no direct performance benefit other than redistributing weight bias along the handle to get a better feel for the razor as a whole. However, Alpha Shaving did produce a handle that is made entirely of Carbon Graphite & Titanium end caps that are weighted in different increments to give a choice for those looking for either a lighter or heavier razor handle to pair with their razor head. Per my understanding these are not adjustable and are offered in increments of weight as I stated earlier. I'll be quite honest, I do love the look of the Carbon & Ti razor handle offering. I can't say if the handles are smooth along the barrel or there are serrations in it to give it texture in providing tactile grip. These are actual production versions and not prototypes or mock ups. These are the real McCoy.

The adjustable handle concept might be a bit much for my tastes but, I won't kill Alpha for thinking outside of the box and trying. On looks though I think its a gorgeous creation.

View attachment 1770819

View attachment 1770816

View attachment 1770820

View attachment 1770821

View attachment 1770818

View attachment 1770817
I'm not seeing them on their website. I wonder if Steve will update it soon.

Hi Guys - still waiting for the mail man to bring the glue - once that is done I can get these listed and ready to go. Right now I have a few weighting options. I might add a few more once I get all of my materials in place. Now without going into too much detail how I am going to do it here are the current options:-

Weighting Options (selected on checkout) :

• Weight Forward - the weight will be concentrated towards the razor head - 55g total weight
  • Weight Rearward - the weight will be concentrated towards handle base - 55g total weight
  • Weight Neutral - the weight will be evenly balanced - 55g total weight
  • Unweighted - Super Leggero (17g). No ballast, no weights - the lightest quality razor handle available in the market
  • Mid-Weighted Neutral - Medio Leggero (26g) The handle will be neutral weighted

I hope this wets your whistle - the price? I am thinking under $70 plus shipping. These handles do look AWESOME with the Outlaw Evolution Titanium razor head too...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hi Guys - still waiting for the mail man to bring the glue - once that is done I can get these listed and ready to go. Right now I have a few weighting options. I might add a few more once I get all of my materials in place. Now without going into too much detail how I am going to do it here are the current options:-

• Weight Forward - the weight will be concentrated towards the razor head - 55g total weight
  • Weight Rearward - the weight will be concentrated towards handle base - 55g total weight
  • Unweighted - Super Leggero (17g). No ballast, no weights - the lightest quality razor handle available in the market
  • Mid-Weighted Neutral - Medio Leggero (26g) The handle will be neutral weighted

I hope this wets your whistle - the price? I am thinking under $70 plus shipping. These handles do look AWESOME with the Outlaw Evolution Titanium razor head too...
Steve, Do you have any interesting razor stands in the works to go along with them?

Yeah... I had two of the one on the right.. lovely handles... Rudy Vey reknotted both of them and I gave one to a member here so he would know what a badger brush felt like.

The aluminum handle ones did sell out a while ago.
I might resurrect these... give them a 'proper' name and my own logo.

I will probably be down for one of these, I have been trying to replicate the near 50/50 balance of a Fatip forever. The overall weight is just perfect for me. I need to check the balance on some of my most used handles again, I might need a different version than I think(or may want a second to experiment).

One key skill I wanted to pickup was razor weight and balance adaptability.
Done ..
So interesting concept. Could be great for other thou..
But not for me.
I have way more handles than heads..

BFX

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
One key skill I wanted to pickup was razor weight and balance adaptability.
Done ..
So interesting concept. Could be great for other thou..
But not for me.
I have way more handles than heads..

BFX
I know what you mean. All things being unequal, I prefer handles at 90mm and between 40 and 45 grams. I have several heavier OEM handles, like the Athena, that I continue to use and enjoy. I also have a couple featherweight handles and I can adjust to them on the fly.

IMG_9774.jpeg

I might be able to weigh in a little here having just ordered two of these handles from Steve as his first customer for these handles. The left handle weighs 35g and the right handle weighs 17g. I asked Steve to make both handles 90mm. My photography skills are terrible, these handles look very nice. Steve did a great job!!

Attachments

• IMG_9775.jpeg
    IMG_9775.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9776.jpeg
    IMG_9776.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom