What's new

Alpha Outlaw / Outlaw Evolution & Paradigm Salient ?

What have your experiences been with either razor? Or in comparison if you have both, especially for daily shaving. Looking for a daily driver more efficient than my AS-D2. I have pretty sensitive skin and mild whiskers.

Reactions: Kix
The original Outlaw is a fantastic shaver but has a design flaw - the blade retention pins are too small, and by the time the razor is tightened the blade is almost always out of alignment.

Because the tabs are covered, the only way to adjust it is by poking at the actual shaving edge with a fingernail, which is fiddly and compromises the the sharpness of the blade. It frequently takes me 10 minutes to get a blade loaded to my satisfaction, by which time I have poked the blade so much I feel like I want to replace it! As a result the razor is no longer in my rotation but sitting in storage.

Apparently, the new one solves this problem, in which case it ought to be excellent, but I would suggest that the Mild version would be adequate for someone with light growth shaving daily.

I have the new alpha outlaw evo S.S. It is ok, wish it was a bit more efficient ( for me).
Suggestions: the Karve Outlander or the RR GC 68 SB or OC ( might be a bit to much for you) ..solid efficient easy daily drivers, nice quality w/ great tolerances ..
There are lots more out there..
Just a challenge to find the right one for you.
As I suggested before, it comes down to making a decision and buy and try...
We are here to help but at some point you gotta just jump in and swim...
If you want to spend more, there are plenty out there that will do the same job and gladly smile on your checkout & purchase....
BFX

Reactions: Kix

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I might suggest taking a look at the Timeless bronze 0.38. It’s a mild-medium razor and could work well for you. I like mine a lot but some people find it too mild for them, which is why I think it might suit you.

Top Bottom