What's new

Almond croissants

When I lived in NH I loved almond croissants. There was a bakery that sold them, they would bake them , fill them and sell for like $2 each.
I used to buy a case, (48) at a time Like .50 EACH. There were real french croissants, not the wally world or local stuff you get. I would thaw, proof and bake a dozen at a time, slice and put almond filling in them, then freeze until I want some for breakfast. Well I havnt had in in a long time but found a tub of almost paste in the freezer, So off I am to fill some croissants for a breakfast snack. Once frozen, to thaw I leave on the counter for a bit in the morning you can microwave them for like 15 secs for a nice treat.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I lived in NH I loved almond croissants. There was a bakery that sold them, they would bake them , fill them and sell for like $2 each.
I used to buy a case, (48) at a time Like .50 EACH. There were real french croissants, not the wally world or local stuff you get. I would thaw, proof and bake a dozen at a time, slice and put almond filling in them, then freeze until I want some for breakfast. Well I havnt had in in a long time but found a tub of almost paste in the freezer, So off I am to fill some croissants for a breakfast snack. Once frozen, to thaw I leave on the counter for a bit in the morning you can microwave them for like 15 secs for a nice treat.
We have a Vietnamese bakery down the road, and they make the most excellent croissants. Just give me a warm croissant and some butter and I am a happy man. I have to avoid the place, as I have cut out most bread (I am a huge bread lover)

Top Bottom