What's new

Alliance of Merkur

Was in a bit of a hurry this morning so I reached for the comfortable and super efficient Merkur 37C. Blade of choice for the slants usually falls to the likes of Personna Lab Blues, Voskhod or blades that are nice and smooth. Today’s choice was Gillette Wilkinson Sword not only smooth but affordable!!!

Soap of the day was RazoRock Black Bay which I have mentioned before as being an absolute favourite. Performance is good and the scent is exceptional! Paired with the matching AS splash and you have a recipe for all day goodness.

Today’s brush the Simpson Wee Scot and though diminutive in stature, it is a great brush that should be in your brush arsenal. I got this one in a pif and remember giving a chuckle when it arrived. No laughing matter performance wise. Face lather with it without a problem, travels well and dries quickly. If your giggling, try it!

Lovely two pass shave and near BBS. Again, in a hurry but still managed to get in a great shave to start a busy day. Happy shaves all!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India)
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Pre-Shave: Natural Men Shave - Sandalwood Oil
Lather: RazoRock Black Bay
Aftershave: RazoRock Black Bay
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum BlockView attachment 969248

Today was a German 37 day.
I’m considering purchasing the original 37C. This was a successful experience.
I ma PIF the German 37.
That said; I also used my Colonel x2L, CC Venture, and a Personna Red.
Like your shave it was close and efficient. What is your favorite RR soap? I haven’t tried any yet.

Today was a German 37 day.
I’m considering purchasing the original 37C. This was a successful experience.
I ma PIF the German 37.
That said; I also used my Colonel x2L, CC Venture, and a Personna Red.
Like your shave it was close and efficient. What is your favorite RR soap? I haven’t tried any yet.
I have six in rotation: Gold, American Barber, Plague Doctor, Nomad, Saturnia and Black Bay. Easily the top spots go to Saturnia and Black Bay for me.

I have six in rotation: Gold, American Barber, Plague Doctor, Nomad, Saturnia and Black Bay. Easily the top spots go to Saturnia and Black Bay for me.
We have smiler tastes in soaps.
I love Bay Rums and Nomad and Saturnia are on my To Try List.
Thanks!

It should and it does...get the AS though, honestly I get a matching AS with any of the RR soap I get...they are just that good.

I can’t speak to the ones you have there from personal experience but I would be seriously surprised if Black Bay doesn’t do it for you.

I’ll do it.
I have two Ogallala Bay Rums and a Captains Choice. I am having fun with the differences.

i learned the hard way you have to shake the ogallala bat rum before use!

anyone have a 40? i want to trade notes?
ok go ahead and get out all your best 40 insults....

Shave of the day:
Razor: Merkur 37C, Blade : Rapira Super Stainless #1
Brush: Vulfix 2235S, Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
IMG_0928b.JPG

037288BA-4CF8-40CD-A37A-8E21BBD89098.jpeg
So today I reached for the Merkur Mergress as opposed to a vintage Gillette adjustable. The Mergress is just so good, not necessarily better than my Progress, just different. It feels very solid in the hand and the fit of everything just feels smoother to me adjustment wise. Loaded with a fresh Polsilver IR this razor is just incredible.

Soap of the day Stirling Executive Man with the matching AS. Love the scent and performance and it falls only second to a seasonal Stirling scent; “Weekend in Malibu” for favourite Stirling scent in the rotation. WiM is good enough to take you away from the dreary winter to the sunny beach in just one shave! But I digress...

Simpson Colonel was again called on and a wonderful lather employed to complete a lovely two pass near BBS shave. Happy Wednesday all and Happy Shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Mergress 500
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

View attachment 970991 So today I reached for the Merkur Mergress as opposed to a vintage Gillette adjustable. The Mergress is just so good, not necessarily better than my Progress, just different. It feels very solid in the hand and the fit of everything just feels smoother to me adjustment wise. Loaded with a fresh Polsilver IR this razor is just incredible.

Soap of the day Stirling Executive Man with the matching AS. Love the scent and performance and it falls only second to a seasonal Stirling scent; “Weekend in Malibu” for favourite Stirling scent in the rotation. WiM is good enough to take you away from the dreary winter to the sunny beach in just one shave! But I digress...

Simpson Colonel was again called on and a wonderful lather employed to complete a lovely two pass near BBS shave. Happy Wednesday all and Happy Shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Mergress 500
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Tomorrow isn’t Colonel day.
With the 34 HD

I did a full shave today with my 37c, 3 passes on my face and 2 on my head with a Derby Extra on its second day.

I don’t think my dome has ever been this smooth. I will keep working with it on my days off to get faster and better for work days and eventually do away with the Dorco carts I use for my head.

AoM;Knight of the Veg Table;B.O.S.S.;MFR2019

Top Bottom