What's new

Alliance of Merkur

I did a full shave today with my 37c, 3 passes on my face and 2 on my head with a Derby Extra on its second day.

I don’t think my dome has ever been this smooth. I will keep working with it on my days off to get faster and better for work days and eventually do away with the Dorco carts I use for my head.

AoM;Knight of the Veg Table;B.O.S.S.;MFR2019
Now on my dome I have not tried...usually just grab the trimmer on “0” and have at it. Tomorrow perhaps.

Shave of the day:
Razor: Merkur 37C, Blade : Rapira Super Stainless #7
Brush: Vulfix 2235S, Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
After shave balm: Nivea, EDC: No.74 Original Cologne by TfOBS.
IMG_1181b.JPG

Very nice set up. I think I have a tuck of the Rapira SS somewhere in the den must dig it out and give them a go.

I am having a blast with my 34c this month, testing different blades. Such a great razor for daily use.

The only problem is that a new contender showed up today... a Progress! The first shave was at setting 2.5 with a fresh Personna Platinum and the result was excellent! A bit more aggressive than the 34c, but still smooth enough, while being definitely more efficient.

Well, what can I say? I dig Merkur razors. :D

Still rocking the Progress. I am an adjustable fan these days, all because of that razor. It is currently my favorite along with the Rex Ambassador.

I shaved with a futur knock off..... I found the head clumsy.... to clumsy for me to love it. Is the merkur also chunky? Progress is on my list now......

Top Bottom