What's new

Alieexpress 11/11 Sale Advice Needed

Hello there!

I thought of taking advantage of the alieexpress 11/11 sale today and was wondering if any of you have bought brushes from there that you really like. My collection has only a couple of badger brushes and I'm thinking of expanding in that area. Yes, yes, I know that there is a ceiling when it comes to quality over there; maybe that's part of your advice. I see Boti brush, Yaqi, DSCosmetic, and Frank Shaving brushes. Any of you have experience with particular models that I should pick up?

Generally, I *think* I like 22-26 MM bulbs that are on the stiff, scratchy side.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have lots of Yaqi brushes in synthetic , badger and boar. If you like a nice 3band badger I really enjoy the Mysterious space 24mm 3band (Silvertip) badger, not a lather hog and works great.
For 2band badger I have 5 different ones and they are just great for general all around shaving needs and are great when buying on sale. Great brushes the 2 band badgers are IMO.
(L) 24mm 3band silvertip badger "Mysterious space" handle......(R) 24mm 2band badger "Mountain lake" handle.
Yaqi mysterious space 24mm Silvertip badger.jpg
Yaqi #1 24mm 2band badger Mountain lake.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! Am I right in saying that generally a silver tip is softer than the 2-band? It looks like the silver tip is also denser, as well, though that might be an incidental attribute.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thanks for the advice! Am I right in saying that generally a silver tip is softer than the 2-band? It looks like the silver tip is also denser, as well, though that might be an incidental attribute.
They are slightly softer, The hairs seem slightly thinner and many more. From my limited research the hairs come from the front of the badger below the neck area and cheek areas is my understanding. The 2band badger is still a nice brush to work the face IMO.

Top Bottom