What's new

Ahoy! In praise of the (U) S.S. Red Tip!

Yeah, I'm a big Old Spice fan - anything Old Spice is cool with me. I like any sailing ships, too so it goes hand in hand.

im really wanting a red tip i think :001_huh:

I've been passively looking for one, but most of the 'bay auctions I see always end up going just over what I wanted to pay for the ones that are in decent shape.
I've seen a couple in the BST section here and the other board, but they never seem to last long.
Ah well, some day.

Weird thing with my '58 - I've had 4 shaves with it so far, the 1st and 4th using Proraso Green and the 2nd & 3rd with Tabac.

The Proraso shaves have been excellent; the Tabac ones chewed my face.

I've used the same Derby blade with all of them.

I'm hoping this is just due to adjusting my technique to a new razor - anybody else run into this when they started with the Red Tip?

Weird thing with my '58 - I've had 4 shaves with it so far, the 1st and 4th using Proraso Green and the 2nd & 3rd with Tabac.

The Proraso shaves have been excellent; the Tabac ones chewed my face.

I've used the same Derby blade with all of them.

I'm hoping this is just due to adjusting my technique to a new razor - anybody else run into this when they started with the Red Tip?

I'd say you might benefit from practicing building lather with the Tabac? If you're getting good shaves on the 4th shave with the Derby, the blade is fine, and the Red Tip -- while not foolproof -- is very easy to "get right" in my experience.

Top Bottom