What's new

Ahhhhh - The temptation!!!

First of thanks to the warm welcome in my first post :)))))

Now, the Merkur futur I ordered arrived yesterday :))), unfortnately I didnt have time to give it a try, and it seems that I will not be able to test it until Tuesday (26th), as I am pretty sure that I wont have time tonight :-( and I am off to Germany tomorrow evening (leaving straight from work), and as I have to be up early I dont want to have to 'rush' my first shave with it. I also dont want to take it with me.....

but it is soooooooooooooooooo hard to resist giving it a go...

I suppose I should give first impressions of the Futur..
It seems nice and heavy, and solidly made, I am kinda worried abot being able to shave under my nose, hopefully that should be ok!

I am also a little worried (I may create a seperate post about this!) I have a sorta mole on my chin (bottom and to the right (in line downwards with the corener of my mouth)), it is raise a little maybe a 1 mm or 1.5, but its sorta more like a bump than a typical 'witches' mole. Will I be sliceing this to shreads with the merkur? Or will I have to be careful and shave around it???
At the moment I go straight over it with a M3, but dont use any pressure on the razer (Which is how I always shave, and I suppose is why I havent changed my cartridge since jst before christmas, and it is still not a bad shave, I still end up pretty smooth with no cuts with it :)))

Well thats about all for now,

I shall review the Futur when I finally get to use it

A very frustrated ......
Ian

I am also a little worried (I may create a seperate post about this!) I have a sorta mole on my chin (bottom and to the right (in line downwards with the corener of my mouth)), it is raise a little maybe a 1 mm or 1.5, but its sorta more like a bump than a typical 'witches' mole. Will I be sliceing this to shreads with the merkur? Or will I have to be careful and shave around it???

In my experience, it'll depend a bit on what blade you use. I had a really small bump on my cheek (either a small pimple or an ingrown hair, I guess I don't know for sure), and if I went over it using a Merkur blade everything was fine. But the day I switched to Feathers, it came clean off. I also have a somewhat nasty scar on my neck (in the jugular region) that sounds like it's a bit more raised than your mole. I usually am pretty slow and careful around it, but even with the Feathers I managed to not slice it off.

Hope that helps, and welcome!

Top Bottom