What's new

Done. (For the most part)

Been wet shaving for almost two years and now have reached end of journey. I started knowing nothing about wet shaving and now I am very satisfied with my skill set and equipment.
I am very grateful for this site and all the great information I have been able to glean from it, and all the nice people who have been generous with their time and information. I have dipped my toe in some of the " Rad, Bad, and Sad disorders. I now have enough blades I like to last my lifetime, as well as a razor that I am able to get a 10/10 bbs everday.
I will check in periodically and may even join the yearly shave purchase sabatical. I feel now I can complete that challenge quite easily. Thanks again for everyone on this site and everyone take care. Sincerely Tillerman

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
We enjoy your continued participation on our hobbified journey!
I read that as "hobbitfied" journey. :)

0c65e21de7d91140529b40ce5825bc78.jpg

Been wet shaving for almost two years and now have reached end of journey. I started knowing nothing about wet shaving and now I am very satisfied with my skill set and equipment.
I am very grateful for this site and all the great information I have been able to glean from it, and all the nice people who have been generous with their time and information. I have dipped my toe in some of the " Rad, Bad, and Sad disorders. I now have enough blades I like to last my lifetime, as well as a razor that I am able to get a 10/10 bbs everday.
I will check in periodically and may even join the yearly shave purchase sabatical. I feel now I can complete that challenge quite easily. Thanks again for everyone on this site and everyone take care. Sincerely Tillerman
Just like you I get a BBS anytime I shave, but you're not done ... you need MORE razors, MORE blades, MORE soaps, MORE aftershaves, MORE brushes MORE MORE MORE!!!! :biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Best way to repay the gratitude for what you've learned is to pop in and share some wisdom with those fresh on the journey!
I'm sure your advice would be as helpful to them as others were to you in the beginning!
Don't be a stranger!

Best way to repay the gratitude for what you've learned is to pop in and share some wisdom with those fresh on the journey!
I'm sure your advice would be as helpful to them as others were to you in the beginning!
Don't be a stranger!
I concur wholeheartedly with @luvmysuper …..Please don’t make yourself a stranger; and besides I’m still learning and always open to the advice of a seasoned two year veteran of the trade.👍🏻😊💈

I will check in periodically and may even join the yearly shave purchase sabatical. I feel now I can complete that challenge quite easily. Thanks again for everyone on this site and everyone take care.
I think you should stay and help enable everyone elses Sad, Bad, Rad. Who knows, maybe yours will reignite.

If this is your exit thread, See Ya.

It would be one thing if you said you were leaving to concentrate on another personal aspect of your life, but you come across as "I got what I wanted, I'm not going to give back". That's a pretty crappy attitude and a slap in the face to everyone who took time out of their personal lives to help you over the past 1.5 years.

Now that you have some knowledge and can offer some help, it's your time to step up and give back and help others achieve what you have.

If you decide to stay, good on you. But I'm not about to beg anyone to stay.

Last edited:
I think you should stay and help enable everyone elses Sad, Bad, Rad. Who knows, maybe yours will reignite.
I will be around.
Don't be a stranger!
I wii keep my eyes open and help where I can.

I don't have much in the way of acquisition disorders after 14 years on this site. I've figured out what I like and I pretty much stick with it, even if it isn't where I thought I'd end up when I came here: cartridge razors, a synthetic brush, and cream, plus dabbling with my DE and an AC straight every now and again. I feel like I still have something to contribute based on what I do, and if it helps someone out, great. If not, I still like reading about what others do and keeping my toe in the water, so to speak. There's always something else to learn about.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If this is your exit thread, See Ya.

It would be one thing if you said you were leaving to concentrate on another personal aspect of your life, but you come across as "I got what I wanted, I'm not going to give back". That's a pretty crappy attitude and a slap in the face to everyone who took time out of their personal lives to help you over the past 1.5 years.

Now that you have some knowledge and can offer some help, it's your time to step up and give back and help others achieve what you have.

If you decide to stay, good on you. But I'm not about to beg anyone to stay.
Don't get disappointed my friend, but I ain't gonna leave until the lovely War Department pulls my TracFone from my cold dead fingers!

Don't forget to share your wisdom with us newer wet shavers every now and then. But, I notice way too many people these days communicating way too much with electronic methods. If you're spending less time on a forum and more time with people in person I applaud you.

Top Bottom