What's new

Ahhhhh Arco

I had my first experience with Arco the morning. I received a puck yesterday. When I opened the lid on the container i was greeted with a scent that reminded me of gentle breezes blowing through a citrus grove after a late spring shower. I immediately thought that this is going to be a soap of gentle refinement. This A.M. after my shower I wet my brush in warm water and addressed the puke of Arco residing in my antique shaving bowl. Soon I developed a thick rich lather. My razor glided smoothly over my face and enjoyed an entirely satisfactory superior shave. I can see that I am going to have to make this superior soap one of my regulars. No wonder it is so popular with the gentlemen of Europe. :001_tt1:

Nice description! To me it smells like Ivory soap. Its as good as any Artisan soaps I have tried including: B&M, Cattle Bubbles & Maggards.

Its the typo in the fourth line down "...the puke of Arco..." that still has me chuckling.
Nothing Freudian about that slip.
Me, I love the stuff.

I had my first experience with Arco the morning. I received a puck yesterday. When I opened the lid on the container i was greeted with a scent that reminded me of gentle breezes blowing through a citrus grove after a late spring shower. I immediately thought that this is going to be a soap of gentle refinement. This A.M. after my shower I wet my brush in warm water and addressed the puke of Arco residing in my antique shaving bowl. Soon I developed a thick rich lather. My razor glided smoothly over my face and enjoyed an entirely satisfactory superior shave. I can see that I am going to have to make this superior soap one of my regulars. No wonder it is so popular with the gentlemen of Europe. :001_tt1:

Welcome to B&B, Sir Goatlips!

What an amazing name!
How did it come about??

By the way, I also enjoy Arko, but in stick form!!

arko merkur feather truefitt and hill 1805 april 18 2019.jpg

I apologize. My mother worked for Sinclair Oil, which became Atlantic Richfield Company (a/k/a ARCO) for 40 years. My brain just automatically translates Arko to Arco.
Interesting history. But I still see Sinclair stations in some states out west.

Huge fan of Arko here as well, I think it smells dynamite! Pair that with some proraso red and or better yet Osage green and dude you are there!!!!

The puck is the way to go also! $4.99 how can you go wrong, I got over 6 months of shaves out of one puck.

Arko should be termed an infectious disease. Its fun, awful, stinky, cheap, has other uses and affects everyone it touches.

https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving...keywords=Arko&qid=1561524950&s=gateway&sr=8-1
For about a buck per stick it's an everlasting bane of mine, the smell is akin to shaving with raw clothing detergent or mothballs, and can be used as the latter.

I've been shaving for a good 5 months yet I've yet to made a 20% dent in one stick, 14 sticks might last me the next 14 years, woe is me.

It makes very decent lather and cos it's so cheap I'm suckered into getting more like a cheap bag of chips.

Arko stinks in more ways than one lol.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is a great value for money soap. I think you either love it or loathe it. I am in the love category.

+ Works great with any water, anywhere.
- Smells like apocalypse survivors cobbled it together, trying to recreate lemon scent from fading memories and HazMat.

Tiebreaker Factor: A case of Arko costs what some companies charge for a meager amount of something with a great scent description, that actually smells like hot garbage.

Arko Wins.

That one's a keeper!
proxy.php

Top Bottom