What's new

Aftershave samples review

Fine Italian Citrus:
This stuff smells great! I do feel it has a lemon scent when first applied and then mellows down to other citrus scents. Not grapefruit of orange at all. More of a bergamot with neroli(?) Not exactly sure the true notes. Has a very nice sweet citrus with a hint of musk to it. Lasts all day, but only up close after 5 hours. Definitely smell in shower after 16 hours.
It iwll let you know if you had a bad shave, Nice burn when first applied, that lasts about 30 seconds to a minute+. Feels fresh after with no drying out for me.

BTW- this is probably one of the longest lasting citrus scents I've tried.

Last edited:
Fine Santal Absolut:
If you have followed my thread you know I have a love/hate relationship with sandalwood. But had to try this anyway. This one is right in the middle between the good and the bad. Every once in awhile I get the great smelling sweet sandalwood, and then other times the overpowering pungent sandalwood. The feel is great, just like all the Fine products. Not too much burn or cooling (there is menthol in it). Scent lasts all day but isn't overly noticeable to others after 5 hours except up close.
If you like sandalwood then go for it, If your like me and are 50/50 with it, then try a sample and see if it is the right one for you.

Razorock One X:
Nice little burn, nothing too strong. Has a very pleasant smell. Reminds me of the beach for some reason, has that feel to it. Peach is the main scent I get after the first wave . Wife liked it more after dry down, a little strong at the start. Nice toning fell, not drying. Can smell hours later, and 14 hours in shower, still strong. Later in day if you just dampen face it will blossom the smell.

Razorock XX:
Complex scent- nice feel, slight alcohol burn. Quite sweet with a perfumey scent. Very fresh. Lasts all day, same as rest of line. Smells strong in shower late in day. Not too drying but not best moisturizing.

Razorock XXX:
Has a nice alcohol burn and very refreshing scent. Doesn't dry out the skin. Lasts all day like the rest of Razorock's offerings. Has a nice sweet citrus scent, lemons and bergamot- with a little something else. Very similar to Fine Italian Citrus. I'll have to compare the two.

Head to Head-
Fine Italian Citrus vs Razorock XXX

XXX is a little sweeter at first splash
@ 10 minute mark- Fine has a little more of a powdery(?) scent than XXX
@ 3 Hour mark- Fine is stronger than XXX, very similar more musky on Fine and more citrus on XXX
@ 6 Hour mark- Very similar- Fine definitely more musky, XXX more sweet
@ 9 Hour mark- not much of a difference, but Fine is stronger of the two
@12 Hour mark- both smell the same, but Fine is still stronger scent.

Wife preferred Fine @ the 6 hour mark.

Geo. F. Trumper Lavender Water:
Very interesting scent. I expected a floral smell. There was lavender of course, very nice but wasn't sure how this could be a manly :a20: scent. But it was. There was a hint of musk that took over after it settled down. I'll have to try it again, but it was quite nice. Made me keep sniffing my upper lip. :wink2:Yeah- you know what I mean.
Did you ever gone this a second go?

Top Bottom