What's new

Aftershave for hot weather

I was wondering what else I can try after a disastrous purchase of P&G made old spice. I am normally not fussy about utilitarian products but I just can't see myself returning to old spice for some time soon.
I do have Speick aftershave lotion that I hugely like and enjoy in hot weather here that goes on for a good 9 month a year.
I am looking for aftershave recommendations that are not heavy on glycerin in particular (glycerin just make me sweat uncomfortably) and not powdery like Pinaud Clubman. Am good with natural scents in aftershave and not really looking for a cologne like experience. Clean citrus, woody, earthy smells pulls me the strongest.
I do like strong scents as long as they are not monster projections. Never hurt to have a good sillage though. A summer scent profile will surely help me zero down on couple of them to try.
I am dependent on international postage to try out the recommendations and can't really give much business to super expensive postage. Thanks in advance gentleman!

Sir Heretic! Speick is great! And, so many other great options, depending on your shipping costs!

aftershaves.jpg

Hi sarimento, I ordered a boatload of speick from ebay seller and postage was just $12 but postage from US is just silly expensive. Sometime the product itself cost less than the postage. It's just loony

Osage rub as an aftershave in the summer is spectacular. No lasting scent though. Use a proper edt for your preferred scent. That way you can splash heavily with the refreshing Osage!

Speick is great, but I agree better in the cold weather.

As the weather here has warmed up I have moved more to menthol, especially Proraso green and Floid vigoroso. YMMV but these work for me!

I lean more to using balms in summer and splashes in winter.

It is balm season here at Casa Mick Sud.

D. R. Harris Windsor, Arlington and Bay Rum splashes are ideal for hot weather, ime.

Splashes (including the above) tend to be fleeting though - especially summery ones.
(For a splash, D. R. Harris Sandalwood is quite tenacious, but not prototypically summery, imo.)

Good ‘ol Skin Bracer is my summer go to. Nice chill without to much menthol(cause me irritation), a nice light vanilla scent that you can bring back up with a little water splash mid day. If I am feeling a little chapped(105* with a wind will do that) then I will used some of the Adidas, either Game Day or Ice Dive.

Lime Sec.

Or cut it 50-50 with Osage RUb to add some menthol cooling.

Or cut Skin Bracer 50-50 with Osage Rub, another great hot weather cooler.

Or Stirling Glacier series, I'm real partial to the Lemon.

I carry a small spray bottle of Osage Rub in my lunch box, great for a quick cool off as needed.

Top Bottom