What's new

Aftershave balm

Does anyone kno of a good aftershave balm for sensitive skin???? I use a nivea one just now but im looking for one of the better balms for sensitive skin.

Thanks

Does anyone kno of a good aftershave balm for sensitive skin???? I use a nivea one just now but im looking for one of the better balms for sensitive skin.

There are any number of balms/creams/etc. out there. But IMHO, you can't go wrong with the AS balm offered by the Gentlemens Refinery. The stuff feels incredible going on, it's totally non-greasy, removes any burn you might be feeling and just disappears into your skin leaving you (well, at least me :tongue_sm) feeling great.

I've also had good experience with Castle Forbes's Lime AS balm (which might be easier for you to obtain since you're in the UK). No doubt other members will chime in with their favorites as well. As always, YMMV.

Good luck!

Evan

I use The Real Shaving CO. sensitive aftershave cream.

proxy.php

Proraso AS balm gets good reviews here. So does Saint Charles Shave Aftershave Milk. Check the reviews section.

OldSaw

The wife's investment

Thanks

I see I have another opportunity to recommend John Michael Kohler ASB. It is the best I have found so far and it is priced very reasonably at $16 for a 9 ounce bottle

Thanks

I also have sensitive skin to most aftershaves and the ones i found that work best
for me are coral skin food and Aqua Velva Ice Balm.
Both non greasy, absorb quickly and they leave my skin non irritated and soothe any shave rash.
I think for me they are the best for my skin type and money.

Bruce

Thanks

If you like the scents, the Floris ASB's are quite good. Quite good indeed.

Obviously, you're taking a step up in price...

There are any number of balms/creams/etc. out there. But IMHO, you can't go wrong with the AS balm offered by the Gentlemens Refinery. The stuff feels incredible going on, it's totally non-greasy, removes any burn you might be feeling and just disappears into your skin leaving you (well, at least me :tongue_sm) feeling great.

+1

TGR ASB is great stuff.

-Ray

Proraso AS balm gets good reviews here. So does Saint Charles Shave Aftershave Milk. Check the reviews section.

I love the Proraso ASB and just received a bottle of SCS Lavender that I have heard great things about. I also got a sample of the Gentleman Refinery's, now I have to decide which one to try first.

SCS Lavender after shave milk or SCS Savory Rose after shave milk;

Aqua Velva Ice Balm;

Nivea Sensitive ASB(which you may already be using);

Proraso(as already mentioned);

GFT Coral or Lime Skin Food

are all good places to start. I have sensitive skin and use all of these mentioned w/o any problems.

marty

Thanks

Been real happy with Musgo Real alcohol free after shave balsam. It's really made a difference for my sensitive skin.

Actually, I really like Nivea for sensitive skin. I also like Proraso ASB, Momma Bear's after shave milks, Coral and lime skin food, Proraso pre/post and ... ... ...

I recommend SCS, Mama bear, Ems place, CO Bigelow's Dr Galen ( got it from a B&B member ), GFT's skin food, Proraso pre/post and Nancy Boy jel.

Ems place

» Skindicinal blend - Eucalyptus, Lavender, Tea Tree and Myrrh. Has a fresh, light, camphoraceous aroma with a sweet, balsamic undertone. This therapeutic blend is especially beneficial for troubled skin.

The scent is wonderful. Very good on the sensitive skin. Excellent service from her also.

While on the expensive side, the Anthony Logistics ASB is very nice. I also enjoy C&E Post Shave Relief, also on the expensive side.

Top Bottom