What's new

Aftershave and cologne with definate mint scent

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I've been rotating a sample of Stiring's Deep Blue Sea. It's Stirling's take on Chanel's Bleu de Chanel. I didn't like so much at first, but now I do because I detect a mint note that I really like. I was wondering if you guys can recommend a aftershave or cologne that has a prominent mint scent to it?

Not many but, a couple that I have sampled are;

L'Occitane en Provence Vert A La Menthe
&
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca Guerlain

Both are colognes and are not the longest lasting but, both feature a very nice mint accord that is refreshing.

Truthfully, your best bet would be to acquire some essential oil, like from Majestic Peppermint or Spearmint (available on Amazon) and add just a drop or two to your splash or cologne to get your mint fix. Or, muddle some mint leaves, drop it into your preferred splash and let it macerate for a bit. Maybe that will give you the mint accord you are looking for.

Good luck...

A Varen vessel became available, and @doctordial and @GlazedBoker flung a cravin' on me.

1708795045643.jpeg

Noraso Green

Grain alcohol, witch hazel, eucalyptus, peppermint, black spruce, thyme, glycerin, clary sage, sandalwood, oakmoss, vetiver, bergamot, green food coloring.

Invigorating splash, for sure, mint-dominant, and it actually produced a moderate menthol-like glow for a bit. I'm sure I'll modify it as it's assertively herbal, bordering medicinal. Coumarin might be a good add . . . dry-grass essence . . . and/or green-melon accord.

Fredric Malle’s Geranium Pour Monsieur is the mintiest fragrance I’ve ever come across. Nothing else comes even remotely close. (Although some find it too toothpastey). It lasts all day.

It’s on the pricier side, but you can find great deals on eBay (just buy from a trusted seller with good feedback).

You can also find small sample sizes to try before committing to a whole bottle. Always a good idea to try a sample first, imo

IMG_0596.jpeg

First Line Shave’s take on Beach Hut Man has a very pronounced mint scent. It’s called Dapper Man.
I've never tried the first line shaving product, but i was going to reply with Beach Hut Man from the house of Amouage. It's a super nice medicinal mint. I don't like it as much initially, but dry down is awesome.

Are you looking for an out and out mint scented frag, or just something with a noticeable mint note? I really do not know about the former and I do not think it would be to my taste. As for the latter, Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge is a lavender with nice mint note. Brooks Brothers Country Club is it is still around in pretty much a green cologne with a big, nice mint note. You might really like that one. To me highly underrated and under discussed.

Epsilon Classic Mint is very minty and has excellent skin feel.
Myrsol K is a straight up mint blast ... scent is pretty much gone on dry-down.... also delivers a nice skin feel.

I know Myrsol K (good stuff), but not the Epsilon Mint. I know the Epsilon Blue Mediterranean.
Is Epsilon Mint like the Blue mediterranean in terms of skin feel -- Blue has a lot of glycerin, a bit sticky but it dries down eventually. I am tempted to try the Epsilon Mint, please fill me in ...

Etat Libre d'Orange - You or Someone Like You is super fresh mint, like you just yanked a handful of mint leaves off the plant. Heeley Menthe Fraiche and Diptyque Eau de Minthe are worth trying too, all three smell pretty natural.​

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I know Myrsol K (good stuff), but not the Epsilon Mint. I know the Epsilon Blue Mediterranean.
Is Epsilon Mint like the Blue mediterranean in terms of skin feel -- Blue has a lot of glycerin, a bit sticky but it dries down eventually. I am tempted to try the Epsilon Mint, please fill me in ...
I've tried the Epsilon Mint. It's ok, but leaves me wanting. I get a lot of compliments though.

Guys -- I can't help being somewhat stunned by the direct influence of this B&B forum, in terms of what purchases I end up with.
I was actually set on getting myself a bottle of Epsilon Classic Mint, inspired by this thread, BUT, as several posts here suggested that the Epsilon pretty much was an exact clone of Proraso Green splash, I decided against it, as I already have Plenty of Proraso in stock (in my hoarder's den).
So instead, I now ordered, and am presently awaiting, a one liter bottle of Myrsol K peppermint aftershave splash -- which I am already familiar with. But the thing with Myrsol is, it keeps growing on you..! Whereas earlier on I would have agreed that the Myrsol K scent pretty much has disappeared upon dry down, I now view the matter differently. The Scent lingers, albeit subtly, and the skin feel also persists for quite some time, again subtly. ... Above all, it's the real deal. Its mint...! Proraso is mint + ... Eucalyptus. Which becomes a bit intrusive in the long term. Whereas Myrsol K is pure Mint, and nothing but .... It's kind of timeless.
Even my wife, who as a general rule does not like aftershave scents in the first place, she actually does not mind the Myrsol K mint because it is so pure, its just "peppermint", and who could possibly have anything against pure peppermint ....
So .... You guys gave me the lead, no Epsilon for me, as I already own an extra 400 ml Proraso bottle.
Instead, I will be soaked in pure peppermint ala Myrsol K for the foreseeable future .... :velva2:

Ethos Peppermint. It's available in soap, AS and balm. Maybe EdP too, i forget. The AS has lots of skin conditioners and is all natural.

For Cologne, Renaissance by Xerjoff is a beautiful mint forward creation. Pricy, though.

Top Bottom