What's new

after workout recovery drink

+2. I love chewing oats that have had a few minutes to soak up a really good protein

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but i do blend my shakes, and the oats mostly get chopped up. They do thicken it though, which I like. I wouldn't say I mind chewing the oats though if I don't have access to a blender. Out of curiosity why do guys like this pre-workout? I stay away from protein pre-workout because the the acid released when protein hits your stomach and the lactic acid from my workouts makes me want to puke in the first 10 min.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but i do blend my shakes, and the oats mostly get chopped up. They do thicken it though, which I like. I wouldn't say I mind chewing the oats though if I don't have access to a blender. Out of curiosity why do guys like this pre-workout? I stay away from protein pre-workout because the the acid released when protein hits your stomach and the lactic acid from my workouts makes me want to puke in the first 10 min.

That's a great pre workout because of protein and carbs, oats are excellent source of carbs. Usually have one everyday. Eating protein has nothing to do with lactic acid build and making you puke but rather not having digested your pre workout meal. Protein pre workout is one of the best things to have in your stomach.

Have you considered Coconut Water? There's a lot of literature out regarding its ability to rehydrate and many athletes are now drinking it instead of sports drinks. I love the taste of fresh coconut water (I have easy access to cheap coconuts when I travel to SE Asia) and buy Zico coconut water when in the states from Trader Joe's. Doesn't taste as good, but is definitely refreshing.

During the longest tennis match in history (Wimbledon 2010 - Isner-Mahut), Isner drank coconut water during the match to avoid cramping and to rehydrate.
-\Visdom

Have you considered Coconut Water? There's a lot of literature out regarding its ability to rehydrate and many athletes are now drinking it instead of sports drinks. I love the taste of fresh coconut water (I have easy access to cheap coconuts when I travel to SE Asia) and buy Zico coconut water when in the states from Trader Joe's. Doesn't taste as good, but is definitely refreshing.

During the longest tennis match in history (Wimbledon 2010 - Isner-Mahut), Isner drank coconut water during the match to avoid cramping and to rehydrate.
-\Visdom

I love that stuff but it's too expensive for as much water as I drink. I'll have one just as a treat once in a while.

I don't think that's sarcasm. Before I dropped grains from my diet I did this as well. I would sometimes spoon out the oats left on the bottom.

I notice a complete difference in my routine if I do or don't have something before. I give the protein shake an hour to sit. If it's just aminos, those really don't upset my stomache at all. I also do it in prevention of muscle wasting during catabolism. I am pretty weary of this during long cardio days. A lot of people like to do fasted, empty stomache cardio, but that just seems like a terrible idea to me. You ever get that strong, metallic taste in your mouth during exercise?

Why would this be sarcasm? I really do enjoy chewing oats. People complain about it, but in the time it takes to grind them down, I'm already finished drinking my shake...

A beer. Carbs and some alcohol to relax you. It also happens to be delicious.

In Germany you get a drink called "Radler", a shandy made of lager and lemonade. Radler is German for cyclist, and I believe traditionally cyclists would drink this because of carbs as a recovery after cycling. Works for me...

My favorite is chocolate malt whey protein and malted milk mix with skim milk in a blender bottle. I get lots of protein and carbs. Darn tasty too.

P

pdillon

I was going to mention the coconut water as well. I tend to get cramps in my legs and it really helps with that, but yeah it is expensive stuff.

Top Bottom