What's new

After Shave as Moisturizer

I use Weleda moisturizer only. They make an ASB but I prefer the moisturizer.

My shave routine is such that I don't get any skin irritation. I use Muhle Organic shave cream which has zero irritation and shave with an AS-D2 which is very mild, aiming for the best 2 pass shave with no nicks. I usually end up with a DFS.

I tried using my normal facial moisturizer (Eucerin Daily Hydration) in place of an ASB but it did nothing to calm down my razor burn after a rough shave. Because a moisturizer is only designed to hydrate/moisturize. The balms have specific ingredients that heal the skin and calm down irritation. So if I have a normal shave I have been using alcohol aftershave followed by my normal moisturizer (15 minutes later to give alcohol the time to dry off). If I have a rough shave than its witch hazel followed by a quality aftershave balm and then 30 minutes later I apply the moisturizer to whole face and neck.

The main thing I discovered it that ASB and moisturizer are 2 separate products designed to do a different function. ASB does moisturize but for people with dry skin like me it is not sufficient (in my case) so I need to use a proper moisturizer

Top Bottom