What's new

Adding a Brass Ring while restoring?

I'm currently prepping a Rubberset 1000 handle for a new Badger Silvertip knot, and would like to add a brass ring at the base of the knot where the edge of the handle is. Does anyone know where I could find a trim ring for this purpose?

On a side note, the material of the handle is celluloid (ivory look, but smells like camphor when sanded) with an aluminum liner that the original brush was set in. It's going to make a really nice little brush with a fairly short loft 19mm knot! :)

That's an interesting question.A brass eyelet may or may not work.I would check your hardware stores and beading shops.They may have something that'll do the trick.Good luck.

Went to McClendon's this afternoon to try and find something, but no joy there. Will have to try a couple local crafting locations and see if I can find something there, but may just give up and re-knot it as is. Just thought a little splash of brass would look nice, you kow? :)

Would Brass really be a suitable material for constant contact with soap and water. I would imagine it would tarnish very quickly and may look ugly.

See if you can get something that is nickel or chrome plated (or even gold plated).

Top Bottom