What's new

Active Duty/Veteran PIF

I'm in.

USAF from 1990-2010. For Memorial Day, remembering some KIAs from my community...
Tim Hahn, killed in the Khobar Tower bombing
Ried Nishizuka, killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan just last year.

I'm in.

I had the good fortune to spend most of the stretch from the mid-1980s to the early 2000s on active duty in Europe, and was privileged to observe some of the amazing ways our European allies still commemorate American sacrifices there, to include the beautiful Memorial Day ceremonies held every year at Madingley American Cemetery, near Cambridge, England, and at Henri Chappelle Cemetery in Belgium. Even more moving was a Christmas Eve mass I attended in the caves near Maastricht, the Netherlands, where American forces spent Christmas 1944 before heading into the Battle of the Bulge, and where many had carved their unit patches into the soft limestone walls. It was humbling to see the respect still felt by the locals, nearly 50 years later.

Thanks for sharing guys!

I'm in! Just signed up for the Active Duty badge, hopefully the mods update it soon enough!

Love the support you're giving us and yes, the holiday gets lost with grilling burgers and hotdogs.

I'm in! Just signed up for the Active Duty badge, hopefully the mods update it soon enough!

Love the support you're giving us and yes, the holiday gets lost with grilling burgers and hotdogs.
Glad to have you...if you don't get the badge in time just post a link where you applied for it.

Sent from the Danger Phone

I'm in. Thanks for the support and awesome PIF! Much respect to all who have served in the latest War on Terror and for the amazing heroes who came before! I know we don't have it easy now, but the anyone who served in the 20th century has been through seriously hard times, and my hat goes off to them. To all those, like me, who lost friends here in the 21st century wars, stay strong and hold your heads high!

Yes I am a veteran, but admittedly did not pull any dangerous duty that made Leonid Brezhnev lose any sleep in the Cold War days. I always appreciate the occasional gestures of acknowledgement and gratitude for service. Since I am already drowning in shaving cream and up to my ears in blades, I'm not in for the PIF. Thanks anyway and happy long weekend if you get one.

Yes I am a veteran, but admittedly did not pull any dangerous duty that made Leonid Brezhnev lose any sleep in the Cold War days. I always appreciate the occasional gestures of acknowledgement and gratitude for service. Since I am already drowning in shaving cream and up to my ears in blades, I'm not in for the PIF. Thanks anyway and happy long weekend if you get one.

No need to serve in dangerous areas...the commitment to join the service is commitment enough. There was plenty of tension in the Cold War days to make entire generations fearful for life. thank you for your service.

great PIF, not in as I'm a Veteran of the UK forces, but wish you all a good memorial day and in remembrance of all allied forces personnel

Per Ardua Ad Astra

great PIF, not in as I'm a Veteran of the UK forces, but wish you all a good memorial day and in remembrance of all allied forces personnel

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Sorry about that. If I could make it cost effective I would have opened this up to worldwide participation. After all, serving your country is sacrifice, no matter the military your in.

I have fond memories of cross training with the Scottish Black Watch in the 90s. They were stationed in Hong Kong at the time. I also remember serving in Afghanistan with the Kiwis, Aussies, Italians, and Spanish. I met and...keep it under wraps...drank with them all and are fine and proud fighters. So no matter the country or service, if you fight and serve to keep the guy next to you safe...then you did alright by me. (Sorry, typing on the phone isn't my best tallent)

[MENTION=109887]Bumpymacaroon[/MENTION]
Get your Vets Badge... some other PIF may apply later in the year.....
Wink wink Nudge nudge :001_rolle

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I am not in, I haven't the ability to write as eloquently as most of you gentlemen. I did not leave the States. The only danger I was in was dodging the drunk drivers in Key West. Thanks for sharing you stories, it is a great was to honor fallen heroes and the men and women who sacrificed so much.

I am not in, I haven't the ability to write as eloquently as most of you gentlemen. I did not leave the States. The only danger I was in was dodging the drunk drivers in Key West. Thanks for sharing you stories, it is a great was to honor fallen heroes and the men and women who sacrificed so much.
[MENTION=89299]BB Sweed[/MENTION] if you want in your in. I don't think I specified a time period or whether you were in a combat zone or not. My intentions was fro this to be for every one who is a veteran. Let us know.

[MENTION=89299]BB Sweed[/MENTION] if you want in your in. I don't think I specified a time period or whether you were in a combat zone or not. My intentions was fro this to be for every one who is a veteran. Let us know.

Thanks for the offer, I'm not sure I'll live long enough to use what I have on hand now. It is a very generous PIF, thank you.

Sorry about that. If I could make it cost effective I would have opened this up to worldwide participation. After all, serving your country is sacrifice, no matter the military your in.

I have fond memories of cross training with the Scottish Black Watch in the 90s. They were stationed in Hong Kong at the time. I also remember serving in Afghanistan with the Kiwis, Aussies, Italians, and Spanish. I met and...keep it under wraps...drank with them all and are fine and proud fighters. So no matter the country or service, if you fight and serve to keep the guy next to you safe...then you did alright by me. (Sorry, typing on the phone isn't my best tallent)

Black Watch eh? Get much drinking done? :lol:

It's a real shame the amount of history and tradition lost in the amalgamations, especially with what's now the SCOTS.

Top Bottom