What's new

Acquisitions Monday Oct. 1 - Sunday Oct. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don is the one slowing down (atleast for now) and Jim seems to have picked up the torch. Awaiting the next set of pictures Jim, keep them coming.

Picked this up last week.

The Floid (Italian), Noxzema and Palmolive Shave Creams courtesy of Superlather.com Thanks Mark!

H. Boker "King Cutter" 5/8 Spike Point (Down froint)
Dubl-Duck Goldedge 5/8 (upper right)
J. A. Henkels Twinworks 99 5/8 Workedback (far Left
StraightRazorPlace Limited Edition 6/8 Round Point #160 with Boxwood scales (in the middle).

All honed to perfection by Lynn Abrams. :001_tt1:

I was working in the most dangerous square mile known to wetshaving mankind yesterday!
full

full

full

full

And a package from Smallflower.
full

Where did you purchase the Trumper toothbrush from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just guessing here, but the Dunhill store on Jermyn Street? Unless you mean continental Europe. I can recommend the 1st class coaches to London though... :biggrin:
Another possibiltiy is Necessities (what's in a name?:rolleyes: ), Schuttershofstraat, in my glorious hometown of Antwerp. The stock many exclusive perfumes.

Just guessing here, but the Dunhill store on Jermyn Street? Unless you mean continental Europe. I can recommend the 1st class coaches to London though... :biggrin:
Another possibiltiy is Necessities (what's in a name?:rolleyes: ), Schuttershofstraat, in my glorious hometown of Antwerp. The stock many exclusive perfumes.

Most excellent, thank you, old boy. I'm in your glorious hometown, the cradle of all civilizations, tomorrow. I'm there to work actually, but might venture an excursion into the Pelikaanstraat and of course, the Schuttershofstraat. I will again seek the company of your most pleasurable cradle on Sunday, for this most elevated cultural event called "Monsterjam":punk: , together with my oldest son. I will again call on the most magnificent of cities on Tuesday for the Police concert in the Sportpalace!

Tell me, I was just wondering, you didn't by any chance attend a Jesuit school, did you?

Most excellent, thank you, old boy. I'm in your glorious hometown, the cradle of all civilizations, tomorrow. I'm there to work actually, but might venture an excursion into the Pelikaanstraat and of course, the Schuttershofstraat. I will again seek the company of your most pleasurable cradle on Sunday, for this most elevated cultural event called "Monsterjam":punk: , together with my oldest son. I will again call on the most magnificent of cities on Tuesday for the Police concert in the Sportpalace!

Tell me, I was just wondering, you didn't by any chance attend a Jesuit school, did you?

LOL. Nice to see you recognize the true capital of Western Europe...No Jesuit school, but son of a former Jesuit . What gave me away, my (ironic) chauvinism?

I knew it! I guess your sense of self-relativization gave you away...:biggrin:

Very cool. I did attend UFSIA university (the Cambridge of the Low Countries as we all know), which at the time was, at least formally speaking, a Jesuit University.

If you're going to the Pelikaanstraat, you could pop into the nearby Shopping centre ('Empire' I think - NOT 'Century') (entrance Appelmansstraat), where La Maison du Parfum is located. Don't think they have Dunhill, but a host of other exclusive brands. Like Creed shaving soap.

(tussen ons: grappig hoe de meest exclusieve parfumerieën in Antwerpen, La Maison maar evengoed Necessities, eigendom zijn van euh... Vlamingen die thuis Frans spreken. Niets mis mee, of course, het zijn trouwens supervriendelijke, perfect drie- of viertalige mensen, maar toch nog zo'n restantje van la vieille Belgique, lijkt het... :wink: )

Very cool. I did attend UFSIA university (the Cambridge of the Low Countries as we all know), which at the time was, at least formally speaking, a Jesuit University.

If you're going to the Pelikaanstraat, you could pop into the nearby Shopping centre ('Empire' I think - NOT 'Century') (entrance Appelmansstraat), where La Maison du Parfum is located. Don't think they have Dunhill, but a host of other exclusive brands. Like Creed shaving soap.

(tussen ons: grappig hoe de meest exclusieve parfumerieën in Antwerpen, La Maison maar evengoed Necessities, eigendom zijn van euh... Vlamingen die thuis Frans spreken. Niets mis mee, of course, het zijn trouwens supervriendelijke, perfect drie- of viertalige mensen, maar toch nog zo'n restantje van la vieille Belgique, lijkt het... :wink: )

We have things in common, it seems. I attended a Jesuit secondary school (collegium gandavensis societas iesu st. Barbara) and a Jesuit university (FUNDP Namur) to study law. My aversion for the right wing, reactionary and unitarist ideologies had by then taken their toll and I decided to leave Namur after one year to study a more 'exact' and less harmful matter as languages...:biggrin: My 'education' by the SJ (not to be confused with the HJ) has bestowed upon me an ever lasting sense of scepticism... I'm not sure yet whether I want to put my sons through the same ordeal. Anyway, enough of these confessions! It seems that I will be spending more money in Antwerp than I will be earning. :scared: As to the francophile bourgeois parfumiers of Antwerp: "Ons kent ons, nietwaar?".:rolleyes:

The Score:

200 Derby Blades
Expanded Blade Sampler Pack
TOBS Avacado
20 Feather AC Pro Blades
12 Terrycloth Barber Towels
Merkur Slant Bar
Feather AC Base Model
And........ A new Shavemac 944!

What can I say...It was my Birthday! But this week seemed more like Christmas

Also...CF Lavender and Floris JF Cream samples from Jim at Vintage Blades....I got a hand written note with the stuff that I ordered. Cant say enough about Vintage Blades. To bad they didnt have the TOBS Shaving Shop Cologne I wanted!

To add on to an already great Friday:

SR-212 (to replace the Kent T-12 I sold)
QED Pine & Cedarwood tub
QED Peppermint tub
QED Frankincense & Myrrh tub
QED Anise & Lavender tub
QED Sandalwood tub
QED Mocha Java shave stick

So far my favorite scent is the Mocha Java... a truly amazing scent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom