What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 17th - Sunday July 23th

NMMB said:
Score O' the day:

- 2 SR101 brushes (to be given as gifts to groomsmen in my upcoming wedding)
- 5 60mL Nalgene containers so that I may have more SC variety (but less of each product) while I travel for the next month or so.
proxy.php
the ones I have are on the bottom, second from the right.
For a second there, I thought you were going to be asking your groomsmen for urine samples.

Kyle said:
For a second there, I thought you were going to be asking your groomsmen for urine samples.

No thanks! Although... I would then have a handy source of potentially clean urin and DNA samples... no, I don't think that I'm going to ever need either of those...

I'll "decant" some creams from their tubs into these big-a$$ed "sample containers". OK, it isn't really a "decant" b/c the SC isn't really a liquid... but you get the point... now I'll be able to bring a much better selection of creams on the road with me.

In order to beat the post holiday blues I went on an ebay (and other shaving emporium's) shopping spree in order to have something waiting for me when I returned home. Naturally I was a little bit disappointed to return home and find that very little had actually arrived.
What was there was:
L'Occitane CADE shaving soap in a bowl + refill (when I got my first CADE soap the bowl was out of stock, so I now have three CADE soaps, still I won't have to worry about replacements for a while)
1911 Anticor Mfg Safety Razor, the DE answer to the Wee Scot (tiny, tiny razor)
3 Piece Gillette Bakelite Handle DE
CAR Unscented Hydrolast Paste and A/S Conditioner
Israeli Personna Blades
EDIT:
Oops, wrong thread. Nice set BTW

[Mod edit: Moved to correct thread]

NMMB said:
Score O' the day:
proxy.php

For a minute, I thought that the bottom containers were for samples before the wedding and the tops ones were samples for after the open wet-bar reception! :tongue:

Seriously, though, that is a wonderful gift idea for your groomsmen.

-joedy

proxy.php

Today I checked out a store here in Houston someone had mentioned on one of the boards. British Isles, http://www.britishislesonline.com. They have a real nice selection of soaps, creams and everything associated with shaving. I picked up the T&H Sandalwood and Bronnley shaving cream. The Bronnley according to the box is a "non-lathering shaving cream", I'll check it out and see how it does. I talked with the British accented gentleman behind the register who I believe was the owner, and he told me he expects a full shipment of Taylors to arrive any day now. He also carries a pine shaving soap and some type of milk shaving soap, neither of which I can remember the name or brand of? They also have a full line of C&E, Trumpers, Yardley shaving cream in a can and too many other fine items to mention. I told him I would be back soon to see his new line of Taylors. FYI, he has plenty of T&H Rose and Sandalwood.

I got the Trumpers and CAR balm from http://www.enchanteonline.com/

They hooked me with that sample of 1805 sc! "first one is free..." I went out and got some the next day...

Josh

[Mod edit: moved to the correct thread]

Scored some great gear for my birthday:biggrin:
full

SR3324
Mama Bear's Samali Rose and Elements of Bamboo soaps
QED Da Vinci H2O
Tabac Shaving Cream
Proraso Shaving Cream and Liquid Cream AS
Old Spice Original AS
Breck AS lotion
Gillette Adjustable and Aristocrat
Feather Blades
Thayers Rose WH

A special Thank You to my wife Mrs. chefchris (JoAnna) and our baby girl Jenna (No B&B Name Yet)! :001_wub:

Thank you to AACJ (Art) for supplying my wife with the razors and blades!:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a Mühle Silvertip from a friend, but the hair was a little bit too soft.
So I contact Bernd (Shavemac) what I could do...??
He said, lets put the hairs in another handle.
No sooner said than done!!
And here it is, a Mü-Mac...:lol: :lol:

Thomas

TomH said:
I've bought a Mühle Silvertip from a friend, but the hair was a little bit too soft.
So I contact Bernd (Shavemac) what I could do...??
He said, lets put the hairs in another handle.
No sooner said than done!!
And here it is, a Mü-Mac...:lol: :lol:

Thomas

PICS PICS PICS !!!!! Did I say I wanted a Picture of it !!!!!

I bought a few brushes in the last few weeks and this is the first one to arrive. It was an Ebay purchase and I was very pleasantly suprised. If this isn't a Plisson I guess that i'll eat it. Apart from wear on the decals - probably storage wear - it appears unused. 24mm knot/56mm loft and densly packed. The tips are a creamy white, not exactly HMW nor European white with black shafts just about to the handle. Here's some images.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

slcsteve said:
I bought a few brushes in the last few weeks and this is the first one to arrive. It was an Ebay purchase and I was very pleasantly suprised. If this isn't a Plisson I guess that i'll eat it. Apart from wear on the decals - probably storage wear - it appears unused. 24mm knot/56mm loft and densly packed. The tips are a creamy white, not exactly HMW nor European white with black shafts just about to the handle. Here's some images.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

Fantastic looking brush. I don't think you'll have to eat it, I'll eat it if It's not a Plisson.

Top Bottom