What's new

AC BLADE USE QUESTION

I currently am on shave #27 with my Vector using a Schick Proline blade with no pulling. Blade appears still sharp with each shave. After every shave I remove the blade and clean it. I then palm strop it 10x and flip it for the next shave. I am amazed at the number of shaves I’m getting off this blade. What’s your experience been with your AC blades. I’ve used Feather Pro and Super AC, KAI Captain and Kai Pinks and have never been able to get beyond 8 or 9 shaves before experiencing pulling and tugging during a shave. Is your experience similar? Just wondering?

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

I get about 18 shaves from a Feather Pro or a Schick Proline blade. I could probably push it for more but I feel it starting to tug just a little at 18.

I had a stretch where I was using an AC razor almost daily. I found myself getting 30 shaves from a blade and then binning it. There was plenty of life probably left in it but I figured thirty was enough and it certainly didn't owe me anything at that point. These are said to be much longer lasting than de blades but I can't say I've ever pushed one to it's limit.

I've taken a Feather de blade to 30 with no obvious issues as well. I usually bin them at 12 as I'm using 12 sided dice to track the shaves.

I've never found the need to strop a disposable blade though I do take apart my razor and dry it after every shave. As I do this I'll gently pat the blade dry with a soft cloth. Basically folding a towel over it and lightly pressing it down. Taking care not to damage the edge. I'm doing this more for the sake of the razor than the blade but removing the standing water from the blade likely does help the edge.

I also have a water softener, I prep my face with a warm shower, I use higher quality products and employ really good technique. All of this likely comes into play in blade longevity.

Top Bottom