What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

2 Questions for you Stan.

1) What ATT model is best equivalent to a Gillette Slim Adjustable set to level 4-5?
2) What are the differences in shave performance between the OC and Solid Bar? R1 vs R2?

2 Questions for you Stan.

1) What ATT model is best equivalent to a Gillette Slim Adjustable set to level 4-5?
2) What are the differences in shave performance between the OC and Solid Bar? R1 vs R2?

1) The R1 would fall right in that 4-5 range on the Slim. You can see other comparisons here; www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9iUab2gryo

2) On my face the R2 a touch smoother.

Hi Stan, I've been looking for the Weber DLC and it still evaded me until now.

Would there be a chance that ATT would make a stainless steel head that has a DLC coating, similar to the Weber?

Hi Stan, I've been looking for the Weber DLC and it still evaded me until now.

Would there be a chance that ATT would make a stainless steel head that has a DLC coating, similar to the Weber?

Thank you for thinking about us, however we do not apply any coating or plating to our stainless razors. By doing this we eliminate any concern of any peeling, fading cracking etc. associated with plating razors.

Thank you for thinking about us, however we do not apply any coating or plating to our stainless razors. By doing this we eliminate any concern of any peeling, fading cracking etc. associated with plating razors.

Thanks for your response, I do have have an ATT S1, and thinking of getting the R1 head too. My S1 was my first stainless, so I thought of you guys first! Ha-ha

Thanks again Stan, I hope to see more ATT offerings in the future.

I have an Atlas handle with M1 ,R1 & H1 plates (stared on the M and now use H).
I'm now thinking of a slant, and was wondering how aggressive is the S2 compared to the plates I already have?

My S2 shaves like an R1/2 but feels like an M1/2. You might like it!!!

Stan, first of all, congrats on your "retirement" from your day job. Based on your involvement on threads like this, I suspect you're not lounging on the beach...

Second, I like the fact that you posted sample vintage inventory on the thread. Can I request you do the same when you introduce SE vintage inventory? It's easier to check this site (which I already do, quite frequently) than to remember to drop by Above the Tie...

I'm still rockin' the H2 and S2! Keep up the great work.

I have an Atlas handle with M1 ,R1 & H1 plates (stared on the M and now use H).
I'm now thinking of a slant, and was wondering how aggressive is the S2 compared to the plates I already have?

I have the S1 and S2. For me they fall in between the M and R for agressiveness. The S2 is my personal favorite razor.

Top Bottom