What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

My classic Atlas is my daily, owned the H1 for some time now, just got an R1 aluminum (no stainless R1 in stock) and just ordered a stainless R2 as well. M would probably be too mild for me, but maybe a slant one next? really enjoy the precision this is made with, and the blade feel is sooo good. The R1 surprised me with its efficiency, I didn't expect to like it but its great.

IMG_8961.jpg

The R1 plate is full of surprises for me, after a long time on the H1 I was expecting it to be ok-is, milder brother, but it has proven to be as efficient as the H1, and, well, more practical. Ordered the R2 as I think I still prefer steel to aluminum, and there are no R plates in steel available anymore for the classic line. A pitty, as open combs are not my main preference, but what can you do, I just love the blade feel too much to give up my Classic.

IMG_9126.jpg

That mixed metal is mind blowing gorgeous!!

My Windsor is in my preferred matte finish so a shiny copper plate won't go with it unfortunately.

Thank you so much! Yes, it is! :biggrin1:

But your Windsor in matte also would look awesome in a mix, here @Above The Tie shows the satin one, which gives a good idea: #1

Of course the polished version with the copper plate features it's own extra glamour wow:

210315_14046-AboveTheTie-Windsor_Shavemac_Rover2BST.jpg

• Love
Reactions: nav
Well I just pulled the trigger on the Open Comb Baseplate combo pack.

M2, R2 and H2.

I already have an M2 so that's surplus to my requirements for now. This gives me the M1, R1 and H1 as well as the S1 and S2 with Atlas and Kronos handles. Effectively the whole range of Stainless Steel razors from ATT.

Damn, this is a deep rabbit hole! lol

Well I just pulled the trigger on the Open Comb Baseplate combo pack.

M2, R2 and H2.

I already have an M2 so that's surplus to my requirements for now. This gives me the M1, R1 and H1 as well as the S1 and S2 with Atlas and Kronos handles. Effectively the whole range of Stainless Steel razors from ATT.

Damn, this is a deep rabbit hole! lol

How do you rate the H2 compare to the H1 or the R2 ? I have a classic H1 and its plenty aggressive along with the well known "razor sing" of the classic series.

Top Bottom