What's new

A unknown gillette model

I’ve find an offer and I need help to recognize the model offered and your opinions about the quality of the razors, if you know.

As tou can see on the picture this model has two raised diamonds in the head's piece with the comb. I've looking for on the B&B Shave Wiki and I didn't find any trail; right now is a mistery for me. Do tou know something about?

An other question: Could you tell me what the red mark in the other head's piece is? It will be necesary some replated?

Thanks for your help and for the web's contents too. :blush:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
That appears to be a Goodwill razor.
Very nice, and very collectible.

See Achims site (Mr. Razor)
http://www.j-duwe.de/Rasierer/Goodwill/Goodwill.htm
and it's mentioned in the Wiki.

The spot on the cap may be paint or scuff, or could be the plating has worn there and exposed the copper under the plating.

No need to re-plate it, it should work fine once it is cleaned up a bit.

Congrats on a nice score.

The base plate is that of a Goodwill but the top plate does not match which appears to be that of a Tech. I would be very careful about using this razor as the blade will not seat correctly and could cause serious damage.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The base plate is that of a Goodwill but the top plate does not match which appears to be that of a Tech. I would be very careful about using this razor as the blade will not seat correctly and could cause serious damage.

Wow, your amazing. How can you tell that from just a view of the top of the cap?
I never even thought to ask for a picture of the bottom of the top cap.

Last edited:

Maybe the cap looks like this:

proxy.php

Hi alls and sorry for my english. Hi Achim; I meet you at Ebay recently.

I had a look at the Achim's web page and I have seen tha the difference is, maybe, in the four corners of the cap. The mr-razors' pictures shows one notch in each other; then I'm thinking that the cap of my pic is not the authentic or complete Goodwill. What do you think about?

In any case I'll try to get some more foregrounds of the cap. So... to be continued...! :confused:

Regards.

What you've been cautioned about is basically...

is there someplace on the cap where the reverse studs fit into? If so, then you probably have a complete set. If not, then there is no way for the razor to fit together properly.

Maybe the cap looks like this:

It might be Achim, I did think about this but without a picture it is hard to tell. To my eye the top cap looks to thin (more like the old type) rather than the thicker head used with the Goodwill and shown in your picture.

We'd need the correct shot to know for sure.

If you look at the pic of the razor assembled, it appears the cap sits properly on the base.

Hard to be certain from here though, we'd need an in person inspection or more pics to be certain. I am optimistic it is correct and functional though.

Note to the OP, you'll also want to carefully inspect the handle for stress cracks near the ends. Very common, and should affect your price if there (and in some, but not all cases they will make the razor not usable, as the head can simply pull off).

Last edited:
It might be Achim, I did think about this but without a picture it is hard to tell. To my eye the top cap looks to thin (more like the old type) rather than the thicker head used with the Goodwill and shown in your picture.

We'd need the correct shot to know for sure.

I think it's probably the correct cap.
If it was a old type cap it would be pretty obvious that it wouldn't fit, there would be nowhere for the 2 post to go.
I can see the corner nubs in the picture of the assembled razor, if it was a tech cap with the center bar the cap would be sitting 1/8 inch proud or more.

Edit.
It almost certainly the correct cap, I have all the different parts in front of me and neither a Old Style cap or a Tech cap with a center bar will come close to fitting a Goodwill base plate with reverse studs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom