What's new

a two brush approach to the new year ??

So, now have two good brushes. Rooney 3/1 and BBE v2.

I was thinking that I might use one brush for the more 'neutral' soaps (HBS Eucalyptus, Proraso), and the other for more 'forward' soaps (HBS Ye Old Barbershop, Tabac & ... whatever comes next).

Anyone else have a similar approach?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
After being vaccinated against a stubborn case of SBAD, I find myself down to two brushes as well for 2009. A fairly recently acquired Kent BK4 ( I have owned one on two seperate occassions prior) and an Original Simpson Chubby 2. I feel I'm set for the year and do not desire another brush. ( Although I'd like the boar brush BACK that I let my Dad borrow...he doesn't use it anymore... purchased from slcsteve a coon's age ago. It was a really nice old vintage brush)

Attachments

• $boar1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 242
I typically have two "main" brushes (although, I have been known to have many "one night stands" with other brushes :redface:). Currently, my main brushes are a Rooney #1/2 super and Savile Row 3824. The Rooney is my utilitarian work horse brush. The Savile Row is my soft and luxurious brush. I like the two brush approach because I really do believe that is good to give a brush a few days off to really let the knot dry out.

I have the exact same two-brush rotation, the Rooney and Savile Row. What a one-two punch. There are others, of course, but what happens in Vegas . . .

Ron

I generally use a two-brush rotation. Something firm like a Rooney for soaps, and something softer like a Vulfix or EJ for creams.

I just happen to have about ten of these rotations...:blushing:

Would I like to narrow it down? Maybe someday. I'm having a lot of fun trying different brushes right now.

D

doleeo

After being vaccinated against a stubborn case of SBAD, I find myself down to two brushes as well for 2009. A fairly recently acquired Kent BK4 ( I have owned one on two seperate occassions prior) and an Original Simpson Chubby 2.

What happened to your Plisson HMW?!?

I'd like to be able to get down to 2 brushes, but I enjoy the variety too much.

Although, if I had to get down to 2 brushes it'd probably be my 2 band T2 and either my 2 band Polo8 or CH2 best.

I only have two brushes, although I use both equally for all soaps/creams

My initial plan (the plan I had five months ago) was to have one soap brush and one cream brush, but I eventually decided to go with great all-around brushes that I was happy with

2 is a sensible rotation. Probably would be good to have one soft and luxurious and one scrubby. My rotation is 12 brushes - plenty of variety but way more than necessary for a good shave really.

Brush acquisition is a disorder I have avoided so far. I have two good brushed an EJ BBB which I use for hard soaps and a restored ever ready with a super badger knot that I use for glycerin soaps and creams.

Sure, I can live with one brush and one razor for the rest of my life BUT why would I want to?

It's like eating only cornflakes for breakfast every day of your life.

Since variety is the spice of life, having only one or two brushes/razors makes your life bland.

Sure, I can live with one brush and one razor for the rest of my life BUT why would I want to?

It's like eating only cornflakes for breakfast every day of your life.

Since variety is the spice of life, having only one or two brushes/razors makes your life bland.
Not when you factor soaps, creams & scents into the equation.

Man, I was down to two brushes: A British Gillette refurb for home and a Duke 2 for travel.

I just heard an Emperor 3 I ordered is in and a Tamalpais custom just got done. Oh well.

Hope your BAD is under control.

Top Bottom